What do you collect besides Miniature Horses ????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reble

Reaction score
Would you like to share your collection, Anything goes. :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

When my Mom past away she had 2 musical globes / this is how I got started.

Collect.jpg

Collect2.jpg

Collect3.jpg

Collect4.jpg

Hope you will also share :saludando:

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know if you would call this 'collecting' but i have gathered a huge closet full of things with my zodiac (cancer) on it. Cups, Plates, signs and little things from truck stops that have it on it. Normally everytime we travel we stop at every truck stop we can find and normally i can find a shot glass or something like that with my sign on it.

Just counted it all. I have 4 shot glasses with cancer on them, 6 cups, 1 framed painting and the rest is just 'junk' that i found at garage sales that had my sign on it. Dont have any pics at the moment, its kind of all thrown together in a box
default_smile.png

I collect carousel horses, some snow globes, and panda and kola bears.

I collect miniature horse figurines. I especially, like to get ones from all over the world. My brother and sister in law travel for work. They have brought me back some from Italy and the Middle East. I also, have some from Germany and England.

I've bought quite a few from Ebay that are old.

I would take a picture, but since my young son is able to get into everything I have boxed them up until we can finish our basement and I have "my space". LOL

I used to collect carousel horses. Have a quite a few. Had to narrow down to one collection so I only collect the miniature figurines now.
default_smile.png

My daughter and I share a collection of miniature porcelain and bisque horses and ponies.

I also collect old salt dips. I have them in almost all different colors and types of glass. My goal is to have a representation of every Victorian art glass made. Larry and I used to collect Victotian art glass in general but some of the pieces took up a lot of space, so this is a compromise.

MA

I've been collecting pigs since before I was a little girl (even before I started school)! I've accumulated so many that I wouldn't even venture a guess at how many I have!!
default_yes.gif
: I have alot of horse stuff too!

what don't I collect, that's the problem!!

Frogs, Model Horses (mainly stablemates these days, and Classic Arabian Mares), sheep and tiny spinning wheels, figurines with 2 bunnies together, Disney's Tiki Room stuff and pins with Disney's Stitch on them....

I'll try and get some pix...

Breyer horses. I have way too many.... :lol: 800+ Stablemates alone. I've forgotten how many Trad sizes I have.....

Lucy

I collect China horses, Tea cups and Tea pots....do use the Cups and Pots quite often.

Can see some of the things here. Not all of my China's are on this web page but will give you an idea.

http://hometown.aol.com/autumnhaus/Modelhorses.html

Am hoping this is not too big...is some of my Teacups and Pots.

chinateapots.jpg

I collect Madame Alexander dolls and have started collecting the painted ponies. Too many dust catchers. I also collect rolling pins.

I am not a very fervent collector these days, it's just too cluttering, and seems against my wishes for simplicity where possible.

I DO have a small collection of select china horses (produced by Pour Horse, Lynn Fraley (LafNBear Productions), Kristina Lucas Francis (KLF), and some resins that are painted by myself or other artists, some yet to be painted. I have a very select few Breyers anymore, mostly the ones that were special to me from childhood and a few newer ones that I just like.

I love bright, shiny objects so I collect art glass (I am fond of bubbles/spheres) and paperweights on occasion. I like crystal faceted objects that catch the sunlight and refract it into rainbows.

I collect many things, but none so avidly that they take over my house, but I have been known to do so in the past.
default_smile.png

Somewhere I have pics of some of my horse collection, have shared it before, but I need to take some of them all together.

Fun to see what others collect.

Liz

OHHH, I collect WAY to much stuff! ...and now I am trying to convince my 2 grown kids to take some of it :bgrin I collect, Steiff Teddy Bears, Charming Tails, Breyer Horses, antique spongeware, graniteware, coffee mills. I use to collect every piece I could get my hands on, but after all this time, alot of it ended up in boxes with just a few pieces of this or that out, and the collections no longer lay claim to my house :bgrin Corinne

I'm with Nootka, too much clutter BUT I do have a small collection of donkeys that is slowly growing
default_rolleyes.gif
: I have a few Breyers but not as many as I used to have.

Hubby has a really nice collection of Matchbox Fire Engines. Really neat.

doncoll1.jpg

doncoll2.jpg

doncoll3.jpg

lots of neat collections out there!

I'm not quite sure if I really collect anything...I like to many things lol.

I have two 35mm film cameras if that counts. A mound of plush toys :bgrin I love em but I stoped buying them because I don't have the money to get any more and I have a lack of space in my room..and my mom wants to trough them all out :lol: .

wait i do have a collection! I just took a look to my wall of shoes and noted that I own six pairs of Doc's I never where only when I feel like it in the winter and those are my knee highs. And I never paid for one pair, they are all hand me downs :aktion033: already broken in. and while we are on the topic of shoes I have 2 pairs of high heals that i adore, 2 inch "vintage" looking ones, and a classic pair of 4 inch black ones. it's strange because most people don't see me as a shoe person...i don't see myself as a shoe person :lol:

and I just noticed another newer one. I started this strange obbession with the rat pack last summer when me and mom went into a store that sold old music and movies. I got a box set with three disks (Sammy, Frank, and Dean) and I've been hooked ever since. since then I have not added much to my collection the money thing again. But I did get a classic black and white poster of them playing pool the other day but I have yet to get a frame for it
default_smile.png

I will try to get some photos up for you

-Vanessa

I collect many things!!!

A) Horse figurines. My most recent addition is a purple christal (sp?) and a little carved horse on it! It's gorgeous, I'll try to get pics of it!

B) Stamps!! My great-grandmother collected it and so it has been passed through many generations!

C) Rocks!!!! I love the simple beauty of all rocks, whether from sewer or from store!

I collect camels and Saluki statues/items. Also Siberian Husky statues & items that are packed away in the basement, I really should get them out and sell them so somebody else can enjoy them. I still have my old Breyer horse collection from when I was a little girl packed away, too. I wish I had someplace to get them out and display them. I could jump right back into collecting those without missing a beat, LOL.

Shelley

Nootka, Im not sure if you are meaning this kind of glass, but have you ever heard of a witch ball? My brother bought me one for my birthday (personally think he was trying to tell me something) and it is toooooo NEAT!!.. I attached a pic of what they are.

witchball.jpg

I collect BOOKS...addiction and collecting are the same thing, right? Im a readaholic. I have so many books, they are in boxes in the basement, boxes under my bed, stacked in my closet , and of course in book shelves...I read them, then cant seem to sell them, because, what if I want to reread them???
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I am not a very fervent collector these days, it's just too cluttering, and seems against my wishes for simplicity where possible.

I DO have a small collection of select china horses (produced by Pour Horse, Lynn Fraley (LafNBear Productions), Kristina Lucas Francis (KLF), and some resins that are painted by myself or other artists, some yet to be painted. I have a very select few Breyers anymore, mostly the ones that were special to me from childhood and a few newer ones that I just like.

I love bright, shiny objects so I collect art glass (I am fond of bubbles/spheres) and paperweights on occasion. I like crystal faceted objects that catch the sunlight and refract it into rainbows.

I collect many things, but none so avidly that they take over my house, but I have been known to do so in the past.
default_smile.png

Somewhere I have pics of some of my horse collection, have shared it before, but I need to take some of them all together.

Fun to see what others collect.

Liz

Latest posts

Back