What are your barn treats? Ours is Life cereal...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamondinmypocket

Reaction score
So what is the one thing every barn animal will do back flips for?

Mine love life cereal!

Definately peppermints!

Jazzy and Devil dont really care for people food, but Bentley, his list could go on forever Lol!

Fruitloops

Bits of a sugar cookie

capri sun, he likes to lick the straw!

Ice cubes, especially if the ice has been in sweet tea or sprite before!

and our summer favorite, licking an HEB strawberry fruit bar popsicle, we havent tried the lemon yet!!

Of course, these arent regular treats, hope im not poisining them LOL

Animal crackers hands down. Horses, chickens, bunny all love them. I always have a pocket full. I have to watch out when I do laundry tho, many times I've washed and dried them...
default_whistling.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is apple slices. I feed the lot 3 apples cut with a apple slicer each morning after I have cleaned the paddocks. They normally get 2-3 slices each.

The usual, apples and carrots plus those peppermints. They have to have one after every grooming session or I don't get out alive. lol

Heeeeeeheeeeeeheeeee Robin....I thought something similar (it was mine!!) Since I've lost 20+ lbs, the britches are a slidin'!! LOL

My husband uses alfalfa cubes for "candy" as he calls it (even Lucky likes them) but they like banana cookies and peppermint flavored treats too.

Watermelon wins hands down though....they (cat/dog/horse) fight over whi gets it!

Teddy Grahams, carros, apples, celery and sometimes bits of bread (when feeding chickens their treats).

I just gave my girls watermelon this morning, as they love it and I didn't want it to go to waste, but they love peppermint too and my feed supply has peppermint snacks that they love too.

One year we planted sunflowers in a paddock that wasn't being used, when we turned the horses out there they made short order of those flowers, stalks and all.

Chocolate Animal Crackers top the list for sure. Then Orange Slices, Fig Newtons, Black licorice, and to wash it all down, Root Beer!

No treats for mine. I used to give carrots or apples in their feed at dinner. My yearling gelding doesn't care for them, and since my one mare became laminitic :)/) I don't give treats anymore....
default_sad.png

Each of our fur or feathered kids has his or her own crack (LOVED that title!!! Sorry it was changed, but then even the peeing in the shower thread was deleted -- one of the funniest threads we've ever had on here -- I doubt we'd get away with the old Prince Albert thread now! I guess my warped sense of humor is unwelcome on the New Back Porch, lol.)

Mingus needs a 12 step program for peppermints and coffee -- he MUST have my last cold sip of coffee. Flash's demon drug is Keith's cereal, whatever he's eating. Scarlet, much to our surprise, would sell her body for booze -- I gave her a sip of beer and she went nuts, whinnying and pawing for more. Fortunately, they are all hooked on their "good horsey" treats -- black oil sunflower seeds.

The chickens walk the streets for corn on the cob.

Nicker Makers, I get them from our local Lumber 2 . I've not had a horse that won't eat them and when they hear the bucket open--the pushing and shoveing to get to me fastest is on! they are what I use in the show ring as well. A friend has a mini that would not take a treat on a bet even in the show ring, Told her I had something and she said "NO" will surprise this horse is a convert to Nicker Makers as well.

Back