What are you doing...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minicuteness

Reaction score
What are you going to be doing this summer? Are you going to any horse shows? Going on a trip with your friends or family? Just wondering.

-Sarah

Last edited by a moderator:
I love thinking about summer!

This summer (i count summer as starting when school gets out) im going to be training with my horses most of the summer. Lexus (my QH weanling, will be yearling then) i am going to work with allot! She will be the biggest part of my summer im sure. Then Coco and Royal, im going to be driving and Halter. Joey is getting the halter skills down this summer and working on ground driving.

Im planning to show some ASPC and do the anual county fair as always. But im also showing coco in NOMHC shows, so i know of 3 mini shows with Coco.

Im going to try to go watch some AQHA, APHA and mini/shetland shows around here in Ohio just to watch.

Hopefully take start on Dressage if we get a haflinger soon, i want so bad to start riding agian.

There are also advantages to living 15 minutes from Cedar Point Theme Park as well :bgrin. Getting my yearly pass and spending free time there with friends. Swimming as always, lol.

OH YES, and this summer im playing Powderpuff football :lol:. Our school started a girls football team and we have one game and practice for one week. That might happened ..depended on the tempature outside of course.

I have allot planned for this summer
default_yes.gif
:

Leeana

Summer!

I am planning on being in the barn about 8 hours a day, training, grooming, playing with the horses. Of course I have shows. I know I am doing AMHR and AMHA, but I have to choose which because there are just too many.

I am also sleeping in.

Hmmmmmmm Summer! Oh yes.....I remember summer!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Well, I'll be helping my Mom with her huge veggie garden.

Putting lattice around my paddock fencing.

Touching up my little barn with some paint.

Putting up our pool.

Hanging around my horses and dogs.

I'll be tagging along with Sheryl most likely whatever shows she goes to.

I'll be her groom, minion, moron, side kick, partner in crime, goffer, whatever.......

Oooh I can't wait 'til summer!

I plan to work with my own big horses, I have two needing starting, one needing more training, and two just needing conditioning for the show season. I have *counts* 6 of my own big horses to show in a bunch of different disciplines LOL (2 halter, 4 Hunters, 1 Jumper, 2 Eventing, 3 Dressage, 1 Western Pleasure, and 1 competitive trail), plus I usually catch a few horses for some local trainers.

THEN I have 2 minis and a pony to train to drive (they'll probably be sent somewhere tho cause I'm too inexperienced in driving)

Plus I've got 2 horses lined up from neighbours who want them started

Then I'm getting a part-time job, showing every weekend anywhere from Toronto to New York to Montreal to local shows, playing in a band, and trying to fit time to sleep and write and hang out with friends in there. As well as doing hay. Sounds like a wonderful summer!
default_yes.gif
:

Oh, and summer co-op for three weeks.

default_yes.gif
: Moving most likely. Would like to be going to PSG again but that's about when we're moving, so maybe next year.

[SIZE=12pt]Hopefully moving to Tennessee by then and having the fun of building a new barn and getting our house started. If that's the case - will probably spend a good bit of time with Tam & Dan of Amazing Grace Miniatures - otherwise, if we are still here we will be taking vacation time so we can still spend time up there. I would love to hit a Tennessee show. Of course, it feels like summer today.[/SIZE]

No matter what you're doing this summer, have a great one!!!

[SIZE=12pt]Barbie[/SIZE]

Going to horse shows and probably starting Mouse to drive (he turns 3 on Apr. 7), working more on our Hunter skills, taking them to the beach, working with the babies that were born this year.

My parents are coming to visit in a couple of months so we will likely take a few road trips and I really want to go camping over at Newberry Crater in Central OR again (Dad wants to go there too for the geological interest). Attending county and state Fairs (hopefully showing at our OR one), cruising around w/the sunroof open and just enjoying the outdoors again.

I LOVE Summer, it is the BEST season. I was born in August so I always figured that was why I love Summer so much.

Can't hardly wait!

Liz M.

[SIZE=12pt]Summer![/SIZE]
default_wub.png
: Thanks for reminding me it's coming! It's my favorite time of year. I'll have 4 horses I'm showing this year! Should be busy. I'm learning to drive and will get to do my first driving classes.........I'm already getting nervous! This year we are only doing Pinto shows so I don't feel quite as thinly stretched as last year! May even have time to go camping and more river rafting! Yeah Summer! :bgrin

Summer! Well....my summer starts about the middle of June, when Davis lets out. Then I'll be going home....goals for this summer include: starting Gabriel to drive and getting on his back(he's still growing a lot and is 3 so no real riding), starting Pippin(he'll be a long 2 yr old, so just light stuff), working for experience somewhere(vet), maybe training some outside horses to drive...hopefully some shows!

And we(friends from my dorm floor and I) are tentatively planning a short roadtrip at the end of the schoolyear. Then back to school in September....
default_smile.png

Going to horse shows and probably starting Mouse to drive (he turns 3 on Apr. 7), working more on our Hunter skills, taking them to the beach, working with the babies that were born this year.

My parents are coming to visit in a couple of months so we will likely take a few road trips and I really want to go camping over at Newberry Crater in Central OR again (Dad wants to go there too for the geological interest). Attending county and state Fairs (hopefully showing at our OR one), cruising around w/the sunroof open and just enjoying the outdoors again.

I LOVE Summer, it is the BEST season. I was born in August so I always figured that was why I love Summer so much.

Can't hardly wait!

Liz M.
Liz, You know where you need to stop if you are heading this way in the summer...
default_yes.gif
:

We are hoping to do some camping and have been talking about an early August trip to Alaska with the kids to fish and sightsee.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back