west nile

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ABSOLUTELY YES!!! There is no need in using a vet (or human doctor) if you are not going to take his advice. My vet says if you are not too fond of your horse and don't care if you lose them, don't bother to vaccinate for West Nile. I want to keep mine.
Wow that is pretty harsh it is a personal choice and those who say there arent any risks just have been lucky enough to have not experienced them they are real and they do exisit All vets have different opinions mine wont vaccinate my mares over 4 months bred period( a decision I agree with)he prefers to wait until they foal

There have been members here who have had reactions bad ones and had to make a choice I would never use a blanket statement to say someone who opts to not do things MY WAY doesnt care if there horses die
default_rolleyes.gif
:

ABSOLUTELY YES!!! There is no need in using a vet (or human doctor) if you are not going to take his advice. My vet says if you are not too fond of your horse and don't care if you lose them, don't bother to vaccinate for West Nile. I want to keep mine.
Wow that is pretty harsh it is a personal choice and those who say there arent any risks just have been lucky enough to have not experienced them they are real and they do exisit All vets have different opinions mine wont vaccinate my mares over 4 months bred period( a decision I agree with)he prefers to wait until they foal

There have been members here who have had reactions bad ones and had to make a choice I would never use a blanket statement to say someone who opts to not do things MY WAY doesnt care if there horses die
default_rolleyes.gif
:
Lisa, I don't know what has caused the bur under your saddle. The original post asked

I was wondering who gives west nile to broodmares and who doesn't? Why or why not do you give? My vet and I are always debating this and I wanted other mini people's opinion.
That's what I gave. My opinion. I take my vet's advice. It appears from your post that you take your vet's advice also. Why would you use him if you weren't going to take his advice?

No burr under my saddle
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_wink.png
: I was just simply saying I would NEVER say someone didnt care if they lost a horse and that is why they did or didnt do something I personally vaccinate however I know of many on here who dont due to there own experiences I would never want to hurt them by saying they dont care if they lose there horse that is all

For the record I dont always take his advice there have been times I told him he was flat out incorrect, after talking to other vets sometimes he came back and said you know you are right I was wrong others he stuck to his original opinoin but most times it leads to discussion and he has been known to say I have no idea as well.. and THAT is why I respect him :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back