Well its finally done....he is now a gelding!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christina_ski

Reaction score
Well after his last show as a stallion this weekend where he placed and behaved very well. Today was gelding day for my boy. I have had many people tell me I am crazy to geld him, his previous owner was upset with me for gelding him, and someone even tried to buy him from me to stop me
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
But he will be much happier now

His next show was suppost to be the July Carthage, MO show but since it was cancelled he will now make his gelding debute at Nationals. I was shocked when he was gelded, his testicals where the size of pop cans!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
No wonder he was having problems running in the round pen when it was hot, he would waddle
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
Now we can get the rest of his driving/hunter training done this summer/fall and maybe get to those classes at Nationals, we will see!

Watch out gelding ring here we come!
default_wub.png

Mercedes_Day_of_Show-454x310.jpg

I think you and he will be much happier.....He is a fabulous gelding....

There are hundreds of reason to geld a stallion and only one reason not to. If you are not planning on breeding, a gelding is the way to go. He is a fabulous gelding!!

You can never go wrong by gelding a stallion. Congratulations on your new gelding. He is very handsome.

Gorgeous gelding! Congratulations, and enjoy.
default_smile.png

Jan

default_aktion033.gif
:yeah He is a gorgeous boy and he will do wonderfully in the gelding classes!!!! Way to go!!!!
default_saludando.gif

Geldings rule!
default_smile.png

I keep looking at our dun pinto, who is a great and proven sire, but thinking maybe I want him as a performance gelding more. lol No one is safe to feel secure in their testicles sticking around when I start to make my plans for winter. I have this theory that if I might geld them in the Spring, there is no point in wintering another individual stallion for the winter.

That's what happened to Romeo last fall. His last foal was just born a few days ago, adorable little FILLY. I was thrilled about the filly, but either way we enjoy him more as a gelding than we would as a stallion and that is what really matters. Even though the filly is very very nice I would not be repeating the breeding and have too many other nice boys. While we enjoyed him regardless and I love my stallions, as a gelding he is able to be the "pet" he has always wanted to be. lol

Latest posts

Back