Weight and driving

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flflyingw

Reaction score
IMGolgaknick.jpg

My trainer said Knick was heavy and that I am feeding way to much hay. What can I do? We have no pasture at all, not a blade of grass. If I don't give him a lot of hay he will start to chew his stall down and chews anything in the pasture like the fence post, sticks, the plastic blue drum or anything else he can reach. I never had this problem before since I always gave him free choice grass hay.

He is doing so good at his driving lessions. We can not give him anymore time as she goes to college, works and takes care of rescue animals. I can not help as I am in the wheelchair and the sand is to deep for me to walk him. I am to slow. When they were younger they use to play all the time and that kept the weight down but not so much as they turned two. What can I do? FLFlyingw

Well, once he is harness trained you can drive him!!
default_smile.png

Does your feed merchant stock grass cubes- you can get ones that are high fibre low protein- they have straw in them- that may work for him.

The other thing is to feed a hay that is not so good!!

Latest posts

Back