We were FLOODED out ....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JumpinJackFarm

Reaction score
I feel so numb ...so drained...I don't want to see another sandbag or Wet clothes. The donkeys are OK...wet, but OK.

They were amazing during the stress of this all...they group together and kinda like Zen out? they ended up being on a pad the size like.....10 X 20 thank God they had that. Our chickens/ turkey were all under water and roosting...
default_sad.png

We lost our heating system...our freezer and anything that was on our property...not grounded down :no: Everything floated away.

There is so much that we don't even know what is missing, we have to wait for the waters to go down

I am so sorry that you lost so much. ((hugs))

I'm glad your family is safe and that the critters made it.

:eek: [SIZE=12pt] Oh Teri, that is terrible... I was wondering why I hadn't seen you on here or heard from you in the last couple of days. I'm glad your donkeys are okay though. Did you lose your chickens and Tom? I am SO SORRY... how awful. :no: Is there anything I can do for you? Do you need me to send you anything? Just let me know if I can help
default_please.gif
: Shannon
[/SIZE]

(((((HUGS))))) PLEASE keep us posted...

THIS IS HORRIBLE! I AM SO SO SORRY! MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU ALL! THANK GOODNESS YOU ARE ALL SAFE! NIKKI

Trei, I am so sorry to hear this, but I am so glad you and your family are OK. Is there anything any of us can do for you? Anything you need we could send you? I am glad to hear your donkeys are OK...but the chickens and TOM were roosting, that is so sad. Please let us know how everthing is going and if you need any of us--you know we are all here for you. (((HUGS))) to you and prayers going out for your family. Corinne

Teri,

If there is anything we can do just let us know. Sorry about Tom and the chickens. Glad the Donks and you guys are O.K. Please keep us posted and let us know
default_yes.gif
: {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

OMG
default_sad.png
I am so sorry - I was hoping you weren't right in that. My prayers are with you!

Wow, that is horrible! I am so tired of rain and mud, but can't imagine how bad it would be if we had a flood!! We have had some minor flooding, making messes and inconveniencing everyone, but nothing like what you are going thru. Praying for no more rain!!!

Vicki

Am so very sorry to hear you have to go through the flooding! Just glad you and your family and donkeys are safe!

Thank the Lord you and the donkeys are all right. Know you will now the total extent of the damage until the water receedes. I hear that another storm is headed that way and expected Friday. Please keep us posted. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Yes please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

I can only imagine how hard things are & will be for you so

please, please keep in touch with us. We're all here for you!!

Sandy

Hi guys...you are the best
default_yes.gif
: Thanks so much for all you thoughts and prayers. I feel so much better today (emotionally) I got much needed sleep last night. We still have water covering over 50% of our property. The pasture is completely covered and the front yard has a good patch of water. Water is still just pouring into our basement (it's coming through the foundation) We have 2 pumps on all the time. And yes, another storm is coming tomorrow and on Sunday. At least the freezing level will be lower and freeze the rain right above us...hopefully this helps.

Tom and my chickens are fine. Poor Tom...I couldn't have gotten to him if I wanted too. I am just so thankful we had a high perch in his enclosure. He was so smart to stay up there. He would have drowned for sure if he jumped down...he would have never been able to get back up.

I have a Koi pond too that the waters engulfed. I see a few goldfish...but that is about it :no:

As the waters recede I can see all my gardens are no more...the raging waters even took away railroad ties...rearanged landscaping rocks and uprooted plants and trees. It is just amazing.

I try not to feel sorry for myself because so many famlies around us and in our town lost soooooooo much more. At least our house is still standing....however we have been noticing some scary looking cracks in the corners of the walls on one side of our home. As I am typing this I have heard a few little faint cracking sounds. Scary!

Amazingly we were forced to get flood insurance over the summer. We have a $2000.00 deductible. It's a FEMA thing and we have been told that they are condeming homes in the next town over for flood damage. At this point we are between a rock and a hard place. We don't want to bring our house cracks to their attention for fear of them condeming our home (all are money is wrapped up in this place)

FEMA is suffering financially because of Katrina.....I don't think they have the money to help like they have in the past.

We only had insurance for the structure of our home (not personal belongings) our barn and garage took a hit...but at least they are still on our property and not down the street.

The donkeys are doing well...their white is very white
default_yes.gif
: Abbie was really stressed and wouldn't let anyone get near her. Today she is back to her crazy self.

I'll keep you all posted...thanks for listening to me. Hugs to you all too! Teri

[SIZE=12pt]I'm so glad to hear that you are okay. Sure do wish I was closer to help with the clean up but we are at opposite ends of the country...
default_sad.png
Keep us posted and again, we are here to help Teri. If you need anything sent to you, just ask!
default_yes.gif
: Shannon :bgrin
[/SIZE]

I'm so sorry that you got flooded, that's pretty scarey. Thankfully, the livestock and people are ok. I wish I could help you too, if I had a ton of money, I'd send you a half ton. If I were closer, I could help you clean up and help replant the gardens. Take care of yourself, family and animals. Get some rest.

So sorry to hear of your loss, but glad you and your critters are ok. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I live in New England and we've had a lot of rain lately. I've seen first hand the devastation that water can do. I personally think it is the single most destructive force of nature, ahead of wind and fire.

Hang in there, stay strong. (((HUGS))) from Connecticut.

[SIZE=12pt]Teri... I saw a clip on Fox News Channel this afternoon of somewhere in Washington state showing all of the flooding. I didn't hear where it was because I just caught the tail end of it. It looked pretty bad. But I just wanted to tell you that I thought about you guys...
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

I hope things are beginning to look up for you and the family... Shannon
default_smile.png

Teri, Just wondering how things are going for you? Hoping things are starting to get back to normal. I seen some pics of the flooding up your way--I cant even begin to imagine what you went thru. How are the animals coping with all the water? Just letting you know I am thinking about you, and take care! (((hugs))) to you. Corinne

:new_shocked: OMG!!!!!!!!! How scary.......

I can't imagine. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

better late than never i hope, i am new so did not know about this while it was going on, sorry to hear about your flooding troubles and sending DRY thoughts your way from AZ! hope things have gotten better... glad you and the donks were not washed away!!

Latest posts

Back