We took the horses curling!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiLo Minis

Reaction score
There was a curling bonspiel in Mississauga Ontario this weekend and yesterday was their opening. We were asked to bring a couple of Mini Horses to it so we did! They had a Circus theme for their party and I did the horses up as little circus ponies. Feather hats made of feather dusters stacked on top of each other and in a hot pad from the dollar store. Also fancy little breastplates made of G STRINGS also from the dollar store to which I added the fringe and surcingle. We spent the day answering questions on Minis and getting photos taken with them. They treated both Mack and I and the horses very well! There was a professional photographer there who has promised me pictures and the newspaper got some as well. I clipped the 2 girls for it and so now am paying the price and now have to blanket and stall them - I just couldn't take them fluffy!
default_smile.png

This is Mable on the left and Annie on the right in their circus costumes. Mack is in the middle and behind you can see the Golf and Country Club that was sponsoring the bonspiel. It was a beautiful place!

Bonspiel5E.jpg

bonspiel4E.jpg

bonspiel6E.jpg

They look really cute, Lori. Sounds like a really fun day. Love it when we can show off our "kids" to people that have never been around them. We are taking two to an open show next weekend. There will be everything there from our minis to draft horses. All showing in the same classes. It's always a fun time.

They look good, Lori!!! They are such pretty girls and so well behaved wearing their costumes. Wish I could have been there to see it. I can't wait to see them tomorrow. Was Icy laughing at them all naked?

Actually Kim I think Icey was more than a bit jealous of the two of them. She was upset at being left home alone (well she had tons of company but not her special buds)

I don't have any closer shots of the outfits - sorry! I did get one VERY close shot but it was only of Mable's nose!
default_laugh.png
All I did was take a round hot pad and cut a slit in it to make it into a little cap, cut the handles off the feather dusters and glued one inside the other and then glued them into the hot pad. The g-string I cut the back strap so it could go between their legs and attach to the surcingle I braided out of yarn. I used the same yarn to put the fringes on the breastplates.

It was a fun day! I always love to get them out to show them to people some of whom have never seen a Mini before. There is always such a mix of reactions from total LOVE to total dislike - that was from the lady with the allergies
default_laugh.png
she didn't want them near her!!!

Have fun at your open show next week Donna! I am soooo jealous - our show season is several months away yet.
default_sad.png

Lori it sure looks like a fun day. Love the costumes how wonderful they look.

Hey Lori this is a great outfit and wonderful imagination and when you are done you can still dust and dance and have sexy underware to wear someplace other than Canada with its; cold weather. Great ideas (love that dollar store ) and looks like fun.
default_saludando.gif

Pat

Latest posts

Back