We had our 2nd foal of the year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJMM6

Reaction score
Meet CJMM Painted Aladdin, he is AMHR

Both of his parents have palomino pinto in their imeadiate background
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Is he a light chestnut pinto or a dark palomino pinto???
default_wacko.png
:

The pigment around his eyes is pink. I can't tell what color his eyes are untill he gets outside.

Help please. :eek: Thanks in advance

e9242e0a.jpg

e9242df2.jpg

e9242de9.jpg

Congratulations on your new colt. As for his color, unless at least one parent carries the cream gene, there is no way he can be. Grandparents and further back have absolutely no bearing on it. Cream cannot skip a generation. His eye rims(pigment) will darken over the upcoming days. He looks sorrel pinto to me...and a cute one at that!

Cute baby! What color are his parents? It looks like mom is a bay.

Here are some pics of our palomino pinto colt that was born last week. He has a tint of red to his coat, but is definitely palomino. Both parents are palomino pinto.
kamaolemarc.jpg
kamaolelft.jpg

Here is a picture of his dam; Moss Grove CJMM Painted Dancer Her sire is a golden palomino pinto

She could carry the cream gene I think. I'm looking for all educated ideas
default_smile.png

Thanks again, cjmm

e9242e03.jpg

Here is the sire, a smokey black overo pinto. Rockin K Grand Painted Illusion--He has produced

a buckskin dun pinto before.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

e93acd18.jpg

Just by "eyeballing" your pretty little guy.......he LOOKS like a classic chestnut pinto.

To be positive about his coloring, you could always get his color genetics DNA tested.

MA

No creme gene from the sire's side. He is out of a sorrel pinto and solid chestnut and no horses for 3 generations with creme gene. So he is only a black pinto, not a smokey black. Dam looks as if she might be black or a black bay. If her sire was a palomino could be a possibility that she could have inherited a creme gene, but from looking at her color I would venture to say that it is highly unlikely. Only was to be 100% certain would be to have her tested. Even with all that said, your foal is a sorrel/chestnut pinto. He is quite a cutie too. Congratulations!

We will dub him a sorrel pinto. Thanks everybody :aktion033: cjmm

Latest posts

Back