We had a great show- sorry but I have to brag.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waconda valley

Reaction score
I am normally not the kind of person to brag but, after the year I have had, I just have too. I hope you all understand.

I finally got to participate in a AMHA show this season. :aktion033: My 2006 show season was derailed when I had major surgery in May and was laid up for 12 weeks, then in August I was in a bad car wreck so, my show horses just stood around the pasture looking at me all summer.

Well, I finally got healed up and headed to Heartland Miniature Horse Club show this past weekend. My family and I had a ball.

My daugther who is 10 and I both showed in Country Pleasure driving for the first time (we have only owned a cart for 3 weeks). We both placed 2nd in each of our 3 driving classes and they were huge classes. One class had 17 people in it. Neither of us had a clue how to "reverse on the diagonal at both ends" but, we got through it without coliding with another cart. Prior to the show, our only goal for the driving classes was to get the harness on and the cart hooked up correctly in time to make it into the ring for our classes on time.

I got several 1 st in Ameature Halter and AOTE with our 3 horses and it got even better....

Our gelding,Diamond M's Classic Blue Image, got Grand Champion Halter Senior Gelding, our weanling filly, Waconda Valley's Micro Bucks, won Grand Champion Jr Mare and our weanling colt, Waconda Valley's Power Bucks, won Grand Champion Jr Stallion.

All three of our horses made it into the Supreme Class and Power Bucks won! I was so proud of him. He acted like he had been there and done that a million times.

I may have only got to show one time this year but, it was sure fun
default_yes.gif
: I am praying next show season goes better.

congratulations :aktion033:

Glad to hear you brag you have a good reason

thats what we do all this for the love of it

and a pat on the back letting us know we've done a good job is always welcome

congrats again hope your season is better next year

Lori

Last edited by a moderator:
After the year you had you deserved to place well. Congratulations!!! you give me hope that someday I'll do the same.

Ginny StP

I'm SOOOOOO happy for you! I can almost picture the grin on your faces! The phrase 'ear to ear' comes to mind! Congrats, you should be very proud of your accomplishments! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Good for you, Peg! Sounds like you had a great show! Congratulations!!! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Peg, Congratulations on such a great show! We also felt like we had a wonderful show and just really had a good time! Hopefully next year will be better for you. Take care, Sheila
default_smile.png

CONGRATULATIONS PEG!!!! :aktion033: Sounds like you really "cleaned up" and had fun at the same time!
default_yes.gif
:

Congratulations - You deserve it! I'm glad you got one show in this season. Now you have some nice memories to carry you thhrough the winter until next show season.

Congratulations!!! You did great!!!!
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

And, don't feel bad about bragging! I know I really enjoy hearing how other people's horses do at the shows!!!

champagne.gif

Congratulations to you and your daughter on all of your wins. :aktion033:

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! I'm so happy for you!!! You deserved a great show after all you'd been through this year. Way to go!

:aktion033:

Wow, good for you and your daughter!! congratulations! Sounds like you really did awesome and have

every reason to brag!
default_smile.png

HI PEG,

I WISH THAT I COULD HAVE BEEN AT THE SHOW TO SEE YOUR WINS!

OF COURSE THE SUPREME WAS OUTSTANDING FOR A WEANLING COLT, BUT I HAVE TO SAY THAT IT

WOULD HAVE BEEN REALLY FUN TO WATCH ASHLEY IN THE DRIVING CLASS OF 17. I CAN'T REMEMBER

HER EXACT AGE, BUT MAYBE YOU CAN TELL ALL OF US. TO GO INTO SUCH A LARGE CLASS WOULD

HAVE BEEN A REAL CHALLENGE. WAY TO GO ASHLEY!

CAN YOU POST SOME PICTURES OF YOUR COLT THAT TOOK THE HONORS? HE MUST BE A REALLY NICE

WEANLING.....

AGAIN, CONGRATULATIONS. I AM HAPPY FOR YOU, ESPECIALLY KNOWING ALL THAT YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH LATELY.

JANET

www.windemereminis.com

Home of Little Kings Buckeroo Comin Thru

HI PEG,

I WISH THAT I COULD HAVE BEEN AT THE SHOW TO SEE YOUR WINS!

OF COURSE THE SUPREME WAS OUTSTANDING FOR A WEANLING COLT, BUT I HAVE TO SAY THAT IT

WOULD HAVE BEEN REALLY FUN TO WATCH ASHLEY IN THE DRIVING CLASS OF 17. I CAN'T REMEMBER

HER EXACT AGE, BUT MAYBE YOU CAN TELL ALL OF US. TO GO INTO SUCH A LARGE CLASS WOULD

HAVE BEEN A REAL CHALLENGE. WAY TO GO ASHLEY!

CAN YOU POST SOME PICTURES OF YOUR COLT THAT TOOK THE HONORS? HE MUST BE A REALLY NICE

WEANLING.....

AGAIN, CONGRATULATIONS. I AM HAPPY FOR YOU, ESPECIALLY KNOWING ALL THAT YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH LATELY.

JANET

My daughter, Ashley just turned 10 last week. She is a brave soul. Her first driving class and the first time to ever be around another horse in a cart was with 17 people in Open Country Pleasure Driving. I was just praying the whole time that she wouldn't clip someone's cart when she went around them. She did great though She got 2nd place.

I would love to post pictures on here of my colt who took Supreme, as he is really awesome for such a youngster but, I haven't figured out how to yet.post pictures on here yet.

I did figure out how to post pictures on the saleboard yesterday (with Mary Lou's help)and Power Bucks' picture is on the sale board. I have been telling my husband since the day Power Bucks was born what an extrodinary colt he was, now he believes me. The day I sell him will be bitter sweet.

www.windemereminis.com

Home of Little Kings Buckeroo Comin Thru

How fantastic! :aktion033: I know that is a really momentous accomplishment and to do those things with horses you bred and your first time driving is wonderful. You must be grinning ear to ear! Please, feel free to brag in the future all you want. Just be aware the toll for your second brag post is photos of the winners.... :lol:

Leia

Boy howdy - If I were in your shoes - I would SURE be braggin loud and clear - with all that good stuff on top of all that rotten stuff that you have been through!

Congratulations! and I hope you keep up that winning streak

JJ

Latest posts

Back