WE had a foal and these colors are getting me!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not doubt the Bay x Cremello being palomino, only that they are 2 solids that produced a PINTO!!!

our stallion who is Cremello, Rio Bella Farms Rogues Santana. It's a filly!! So, He was bred to my black pinto mare, MMR's Cookies and Cream.
The mare carried pinto, or is this a different horse you're talking about, as you say "bay X cremello"??

I think that you should certainly have the stallion tested for cream. Then you are 100% sure!

Although phenotypically she is Chestnut, if you are certain sure the breeding is correct (I HAVE to ask
default_smile.png
) then she is genetically Palomino Pinto- which is completely possible.

The only other possibility is if the Stallion also carries Silver- which is worth thinking about!!!

The stallion does not need to be tested for Cream he is Cremello!!(sorry misunderstood- you meant test for Double Dilute??)

I actually think testing the foal at this point would make more sense- if he is NOT Palomino then you do need to test the stallion!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, I can respond :aktion033: I have not been able to with the forum problems.

The other registered foal that is sorrel on paper, is actually a palomino, and was just born dark. So, my guess, is that Kisses will also lighten up. I cannot wait to see how she turns out.

Thanks for all the responses and suggestions. I will keep you all updated on her!

Alicia

Alicia,

No matter the color - she is a little doll!

Congratulations!!

My black/white pinto mare (who reminds me a lot of your mare) bred to my cremello stallion produced this baby, at first I thought that black spot on her little butt was a pinto spot but Tony came on and said it wasn't but can be characteristic of the buckskins.

LuvFillyBack.jpg

Donna --

Khaki has that same dark spot when she has her winter coat. I think that is what makes Khaki a sooty or smutty buckskin
default_yes.gif
:

Jill

Alicia - I think that your little girl is a dark palomino. She will turn more palomino looking as she gets older. I have had and seen foals that looked red when born and they were actually palominos. I have a daughter off of your stallion and she matured to a beautiful golden palomino with flaxen mane and tail. I would bet that she was sorrel looking like your filly when she was born. Congratulations, she's a pretty girl!

I have a daughter by your stallion also who is a silver buckskin pinto (she is out of a silver bay pinto mare that is actually registered as a sorrel pinto mare). She was born a pretty dark buckskin pinto and shed out darker, then when she got her winter coat she looked white. She now looks white with dirty knees and dirty forelock. I bet you filly is dark palomino and her mane will come in white as it grows. Very pretty though, whatever color she is.

My mare can be seen at www.marestare.com/secret she is due anytime with her first foal.
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks for the compliments on Kisses, and how exciting, some of you have some of his kids!!! Karen, she is a beautiful golden buckskin, and Ms the, I tried the link but it would not work :no:

Qtrrae, pretty baby picture!!!

Thyanks everyone, now, for pictures of those kids of his, ( hint hint) :bgrin

Sorry, the link is www.marestare.com/secret.htm

Back