We had a baby and it's a Filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trish

Reaction score
I am so excited!!! :aktion033: My mare Tasha had a text book delivery, I watched her from the house and saw she was pacing her stall, laying down and getting up. At about 7:55pm, I walked out to the barn and kind of hid, just watching her. It was amazing ..... saw the white bubble, and said Thank God. She had more contractions, saw two feet, and said Thank God. She got up and walked around and layed down again, she had a contraction and I saw a muzzle, and said Thank God. I saw she was having a little bit of trouble passing the head, so I got a clean towel, carefully took hold of the feet and as she had her next contraction helped her just enought to have half the body out, the she finished pushing the baby out. We stepped out of the stall to let her have a breather. Tasha got up and the cord seperated and the rest of the bag came off and the baby and low and behold, the baby has spots on it's rump. :new_shocked: We've got an appy baby. My hubby and I doctored her stump, and he looked under the tail, guess what?? A Filly :aktion033: Cowboy did it again.!!!! So far he has thrown only fillies.

We have a heat lamp in the stall, I dried the baby while my hubby ran into the house to throw some towels in the dryer to heat them up. He brought them out and we got her fully dried and warmed up. I then put her baby blankets on. I helped her find the milk bar.

I finally went in the house about 10:45pm, had to clean up the kitchen and take a shower then go to bed. I got up several times during the night to check on them on the monitor. Momma and baby are doing fine.

This was the mare with the swollen Vulva last week on Monday.

th_Gracie272006.jpg

th_Graciebuttshot.jpg

th_AmazingGrace.jpg

These pictures were taken today. She is just so cute.

Thanks to everyone who replyed.... it's great to know so many people out there share in my love of mini's.

Last edited by a moderator:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Pictures please ASAP. Those of us who can't have babies need pictures!
default_yes.gif
:

Big congratulations on your filly guess we have some idea now why her vulva was swollen. Exactly one week before if she would do this every time you would have a great foaling sign for her. Be really careful with the heat lamp though. Again Congratulations on your new baby now where are the pics.

When I got off work today, I will take pictures and download them. I can't wait. I will be going home at lunch time and checking on them.

The heat lamp is hung securly and as soon as it warms up a bit we will unplug it. The temps dropped down the the teens last night and currently the temp is 32 degrees. I am ready for spring.

:aktion033: :aktion033: A big congratulations,,,,,,,,so glad they are doing well!!!!!!

I remember your previous post - a BIG congratulations to you!!!!

Liz R.

Congratulations on your filly l love the fillies. :aktion033:

Way to go! I love textbook deliveries.....and a spotted filly to boot. Can't wait to see pics!

Glad everything went so well for you and the mare. Color and a Filly! Not bad.

Oh how SUPER! I am so happy for you, congratulations!! Can't wait to see pics of your appy filly! :aktion033:

:aktion033: :aktion033: WHOPEE!!!! Congratulations on your new filly...wow..and spots to boot..... I love appys :new_shocked: .pictures..we need pictures, we're dyin' here
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back