We Got Lucky Again --Wild Colored Filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairicane

Reaction score
The fact that we have a live beautiful filly is pretty much a miracle!! This was not a planned foal, not at all!!!

In fact I had no idea till about 5-6 weeks ago. A friend stopped by and said is that one pregnant and I said of course not she is just a 2 year old and I wont breed her till she is 3 or older. Suddenly I realized she did have a kind of dropped belly and oh my she was starting to bag! My vet has been on alert since then and I have been in a state of panic! Fancy is only 30 inches or so. This morning she set the equipage off and amazingly fast had a perfect delivery. Fancy is a great mom and is doing really great. The filly is active and oh so beautiful. However she is not able to control her incredible long,tiny legs very well. They are weak and bend all the wrong ways right now. She is up and walking but cant stand long enough to nurse as much as she needs to. I would say she is somewhat premature as have been most of my foals this year, short smooth coats, kind of short hair on tails. So again here I am milking a mare and syringe feeding a baby. She also nurses some herself but its not enough. So keep us in your thoughts and prayers that she will come around be up and eating on her own soon. As for dad since she is black we only had 2 black based studs here last spring. So its either Shadow a blk overo or Flash a blk appy both boys have been sold but Im guessing dad is Flash as she is marked rather like him. She will be Dna tested anyway so we will know then for sure. Dont have a name yet but it needs to be a special one.

fancystdsidefillywetlaygood43006.jpg

fancyfacefiullylaycurledup7hrs43006.jpg
fancyfillydrystd2hoursold43006.jpg

fancyfillystandfromback7hrsoldBEST.jpg

awwwww look at her!! definately premature though. sending foal prayers out to her

Wow, great little filly, congratulations!

Congrats :aktion033: Definately looks premie, but alive and healthy, be thankful for that! Nicely marked to boot. Keep up the good work, she'll be a fine, strong filly in no time
default_yes.gif
:

Sorry for all of your problems, but she sure is a little beauty, congrats!!

Oh she is just lovely and a bit early but what a beauty. Sending my prayers she improves daily.

I signed out then I got this yell in my head, "my name is Faith".
default_wacko.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Awwww....what a very special little beauty.
default_wub.png
: Let us know more as she matures......

MA

Congratulations. She's a darling, & very nicely colored too. Hopefully with time, rest & TLC her legs will straighten up nicely.

Oh she is just lovely and a bit early but what a beauty. Sending my prayers she improves daily.

I signed out then I got this yell in my head, "my name is Faith".
default_wacko.png
:

Thats it then!!!! U wont believe it but that song, Keeping the Faith by Billy Joel has been going through my head!!!! If you thought Faith too then that must be her name!!! So everyone meet Hairicanes Keeping the Faith!

:aktion033: :new_shocked: Perfect name for a perfect filly congrats! on the beautiful gift!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Oh My she is just gorgeous and that Mom is drop dead gorgeous..I'm in love with them both and Keeping the Faith is the greatest name.
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: Keep a close watch on her. Those young maiden mares just don't have very good colostrum sometimes..Not old enough to build up their own antibodies. Prayers for you and baby and mare..

Awhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Perfect name for her, I know she will be just fine and soon too.

Congrats on her!

Beth

WOW :eek: Drop Dead Gorgeous! FLASHY canty wait to here more about ehr. Foal Prayers your way!
default_wub.png
:
default_pray.gif
:

Oh My she is just gorgeous and that Mom is drop dead gorgeous..I'm in love with them both and Keeping the Faith is the greatest name.
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: Keep a close watch on her. Those young maiden mares just don't have very good colostrum sometimes..Not old enough to build up their own antibodies. Prayers for you and baby and mare..

Thanks Judy!! I had a hard time getting much milk from mom this am, it was just so thick. So I gave her a shot of oxytocin to get things going. I had saved some clostrum from one of my mares earlier this year and I fed that to the baby to make sure she got some of the good stuff. So hopefully we got her covered. Jen

Awww, she's a doll and I love that name, too! Wishing you only the best each day for her!

Latest posts

Back