We all have them...unfinished projects...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been reading posts on the Back Porch for some time now, just trying to get a "feel" for everyone and hoping to get to know them a little better by reading about their lives. When I read this post I thought, "Oh geeze.... I KNOW these people!!!! They are just like me!!!

My unfinished projects. hahahaha! We built a new barn three years ago. We put southern yellow pine on the bottom four feet of the stalls and barn walls, and got it up another four feet high on the south wall but it's all still stacked and waiting to be put on the north wall.

Two years ago I started polyurethaning all the pine in the barn because I liked that soft glow and thought it would be easier to clean the poop off the walls. I got the north wall done and all the rest of the barn is still waiting.

Also three years ago we completely remodeled the upstairs. Ripped out all the carpet and put in laminate flooring, which I LOVE... but we didn't do the two bedrooms that were up there, figuring we'd do them later when we had the rest of the remodeling paid off. So, since then, my bedroom had it's walls repainted and wallpaper put on the top half, and I took all the trim off the closets and windows because I wanted new trim, and it's been that way since. No window shades, no curtains, (that's not a big deal, we are way out in the woods and no other houses around), and a plywood floor! Just haven't had time to even take the 60 mile one way trip to buy the flooring!

I have a "project" sitting on my patio that I started five years ago. I bought several clay flowerpots, ane stacked them on top of each other and glued them together and started putting mortar mix on them and colored stones, to make a garden decoration. It's been 1/4 done for five years... still sitting there!

I have three decorative ponds in my yard that I put in myself. Last year I tore out one of them and rebuilt it... but didn't finish. It's right next to the patio, full of water, but the waterfall stones are still stacked on the patio and waiting to be put in. *maybe next year*

My pole beans planted back in May are still awaiting poles. They are laying all over the place.

I have a stack of winter horse blankets sitting on my washer that have been waiting to get washed since May.

I have two brand new saddles in boxes in the spare bedroom that I've got to get on ebay to sell. They've been there since last October.

My husband got another nice buck last November during hunting season. We had it mounted and I want to put it up with the other three mounts he has. It's been laying on the floor next to the sofa since February.

My mini van desperately needs to be washed. We haven't washed it since we bought it. That was in 1999.

I dug up some hostas two years ago to transplant them. They are still sitting on the lawn next to the area I dug them out from. They've made it through two winters and are growing nicely. Just not where i wanted to put them!

Three years ago I built a really nice birdfeeder. I still haven't gotten it hung outside.

Four years ago I bought three new hummingbird feeders and they are still in the utility room. Haven't had a single hummer visit them yet!

I have a sweater I started knitting for my niece when she was born but never got the last sleeve on it. She 28 years old now.

And last but not least... my elderly aunt passed away four years ago and I still have the sympathy card sitting on my desk. However, my uncle died last year so I guess I don't have to worry about sending it now.

I have been reading posts on the Back Porch for some time now, just trying to get a "feel" for everyone and hoping to get to know them a little better by reading about their lives. When I read this post I thought, "Oh geeze.... I KNOW these people!!!! They are just like me!!!
[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

You are so much like me! Reading all your projects reminded me of another dozen or so that I have that I didn't even remember when I started this thread. Now I can add them to my list! LOL!! I'm trying to write down everything on a list and keep it so I can mark things off. Seems like I just plain forget about a project after it's been awhile since anything was done on it. It's been helping me get a lot accomplished this summer, however, there just isn't enough time in one summer to get it all done.

Good luck to all of you and finishing your unfinished projects. Almost sounds like we need to start a support group to help us finish all these projects!!!
default_wub.png
:

I have a sweater I started knitting for my niece when she was born but never got the last sleeve on it. She 28 years old now.

And last but not least... my elderly aunt passed away four years ago and I still have the sympathy card sitting on my desk. However, my uncle died last year so I guess I don't have to worry about sending it now.
Oh, now I feel so much better. Guess I have more time to procrastinate before my project is "overdue"!

I started a new show jacket last year in the spring and it took until after Christmas this year to finish it. So this spring I bought material for stall curtains with hopes of having them for Nat'ls. The fabric is at least in measured pieces but it's all over my sewing room - floor, table, guest bed - well you get the picture.

The fabric is at least in measured pieces but it's all over my sewing room - floor, table, guest bed - well you get the picture.
AAAACk! You had to mention fabric!!! That reminds me of the stacks of panel fabrics with moose/bear prints that have been in my closet for four years, that i was going to make wall hangings and pillow covers out of!

And the thing about all my unfinished projects is that all my kids are grown and out of the house and we are semi-retired. So, I should have tons of time! I guess what my husband says about me must be true... I have adult attention deficit disorder, LOL!

Latest posts

Back