We all have them...unfinished projects...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minisaremighty

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]My list is too long to list them all! LOL! :eek: Let's see, there is the master bathroom. It's been half finished for 15 months now. [/SIZE]

There is the kids playhouse which has been waiting for paint since it was built in, let's see... 2002. It did get primered back then though! LOL!!

The massive arch we started putting up at the entrance to the property is still missing it's top piece (started that project in 2004). Lucky our marriage survived putting up the two 14 foot, 1000 lb posts by ourselves! LOL! :eek:
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_wink.png
:

Our courtyard was started in 2003 with a fence we installed. Just now got the sprinkler system in so we can put sod down. Wonder how much longer before we get the sod? Another couple years?
default_wacko.png
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

This is just a partial list!

I'm proud to say that we just finished one of our unfinished projects!!! It was a small deck off the back of my mom's "house" (she lives on the other side of our garage attached to our house). The deck was built in 2004, however, there were never any steps put on it so that she could get off of it! LOL!! She went away for a week and I not only installed the steps, I put in a light fixture, added patio chairs (really nice swivel/rockers), several potted plants, a trellis and some wall art. Looks fabulous! What a great feeling to finally finish an old project!! :aktion033:

NOW, to finish some of those other unfinished projects.

Make me feel better...share some of YOUR unfinished projects!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still trying to finish building my new corral panels. I have 5 out of 12 completed but just haven't had the extra $$ to buy supplies to finish the rest. I NEED to get them done because the panels I have now are falling apart :eek: and new horses are coming in!!!!!!

Outside, we are doing pretty good. We switched all our field fencing over to cattle panels and are currently building a 2-stall barn but working on it ... unlike the stuff below which we have had in various states of un-finished for awhile:

• Got a new fancy front door, but we haven't painted the inside side of it yet
  • Had ceiling fans installed in all rooms but in most of those rooms, we need to paint around the area where it was installed
  • have put the spackling (sp?) in our bedroom to like prime it to paint, but have yet to actually paint our bedroom
I'm sure there's more, but that's what comes to mind right now!
PS does being behind on the housework count, too? If so, that belongs on my list as well!

i have some projects of my own but not buliding anything lol. i have a fallabella project going and a cushing project starting, these projects are for our Miniature horse 4H club, i have been working on the fallabella project for sometime since i lease the only falabella at our farm lol, , also i though at one point tthat my mare had cushing but she didn't(thank lord) but it is somthing that i find interesting. everytime i find somthing that apeals to me i work on it lol .so thats my projects and many more to come!!!

We have several run ins that need finish trim done and an addition needs to be done on both. One of them to be made into stalls for the 2 QH's.

Barn needs the inside finished and painted

Repairs needed done on our hayshed roof and floor

Basement needs finished

Garage needs started

plants to be planted

grass needed in several paddocks

fencing put up

creek area needs thinned out

ceiling needs repaired in our bathroom(damage done from Hurricane Isabelle)

it just goes on and on

oh and to finish most of these products we need to win the lottery. :eek:

I'll bite...1/3 of the posts are in for our riding arena...still no sand though. 1/2 the posts are in for our third large horse pasture. My bedroom doors are installed but no knobs and not painted (installed last year). The sand box is put together, but no sand yet. 1/2 the stall mats are bought but no screenings for the stall floors yet so they aren't in. I still have pictures and things NOT hung up from when we moved in last June...The list goes on, you get the picture. A new "older" house, eight acres, three kids, a husband, and 21 horses...who has time for projects?????

We need to re-do our fencing. It was constantly moved due to the barn building and is still up in a "temporary fashion".

We need stairs for me to get to the loft! I do not do ladders!

I would love a run in shed too.

I would love this house fixed up also before it caves in.

But it's all about lack of time and money of course

Community Projects: Many......still trying to get the speed limit lowered and cops to write more tickets and set up more roadblocks to check for DUI. I take two steps forward and three steps back but I'm still plugging away at it.

Where do I even start?

House/Yard projects:

I need to cut down some trees and haul them out

Weeding the garden is an ongoing project, always

Rototill orchard, cut back raspberry bushes, seed grass

Find those darn kittens that momma cat hid somewhere

Call the farrier and book him

Install sink in laundry room

Put up ceiling fan in baby's room

Fix change table drawer

Paint spare bedroom

Paint bathroom

Strip wallpaper and paint dining room

Finish cleaning out office and organize everything

Create craft area in office

Finish sewing dog clothes for www.chichifashions.com

Business projects:

Rework logo

Order t-shirts

Make up promotional packages and drop them off at local businesses

Start advertising in another newspaper

Finish proofing 500+ photos from horse show

Set up appointments for two prospective photography clients

Call Toshiba to arrange for laptop repair (darn baby, breaking the power thingamajiggy)

I need a gardener, a handyman and an assistant!! Or maybe just a husband who is more useful. LOL!

Well, since our place is so new to us, there isn't any long term projects that have been on the back burner waiting to be done, but we already have a list a mile long of things we need to get accomplished...

money to purchase more fencing so we can put that up and bring home our 2 minis and dog

carpet and lanolium on all the floors

ceiling put in in most parts

fishing deck rails

widen the parking area

fix the pathway that leads to the house

hook up the stove

run a hot water line to the kitchen sink

new counter top in kitchen

get rid of all that dawg gone poison ivy!!! YUCK!!!

We need outlets! There is only a 4 set in the kitchen, a 2 set in the liv. rm. and a 2 set in a bedroom, that is it, It's really difficult.

ohhh, there are so many more, but I'll stop there, these are the most important at this time.

Accomplished so far:

We have air conditioning! YAY

All the electric works... and properly

The bedrooms now have lights

The hot water is now on! YAY... no more showers at sister in laws!

The area where the minis and the dog will be kept is about 3/4 of the way cleaned up (it was an overgrown, poison ivy mess)

Alot of washing down has been done

The fishing deck has been repaired and is ready for the rails

I know there has been alot more accomplished as well

~Karen

I am, like Jill, working on converting my pasture fencing over to cattle panels and t-posts! The heavy duty priefert large horse panels I have are awesome BUT for one, borrowed...lol...for two, wow are they ever awkward to MOVE and heavy! I can easily move the cattle panels by myself but ask me to move a priefert panel...someone better give me a shoulder massage after that LOL!

Unfinished project?????????? MY LIFE!!!!!! :new_shocked: (More importantly -- my CHILD'S!)

Other than that? Let's see.............

At least 2 cross fences to build, repair some current fencing, a half dozen shelters, a couple new outside pens, A NEW WELL, dig some under ground piping for frost-free hydrants, update the wiring in half of the house, paint the interior of house, sand and treat the wood floors, replace the floor in the "extra" bedroom (current storage room), build two decks..........I could go ON and ON........

MA

We have been building our cabin since 2002. That takes up our weekends every summer - this has been a thrill to do but we do believe it will "never" be done LOL

The week we were up for 8 days I tiled and we layed the wood floor. Once I get the pictures up I will share our LONG / FUN project.

OMG where do i start????? i am five years behind on spring cleaning LOL. leaky faucets and doorknobs that do not always open... need to replace the carpet in the house :smileypuke:

lots of trees need trimming AGAIN although it seems like i just did them. finally got the front fence of the arena replaced, all that is left now is the back but that will be a while i am sure. not to mention the perimeter fence on the rest of the property... have plans to put of a bodega (sp?) - you know, those huge pole things over your front entrance gate with your ranch name hanging from it
default_wub.png
: but need the shop done first. sure would be nice to have THAT done, if we had the shop then i would have my back porch back and my family room. told hubby once the shop is up, i do not want to see so much as a screwdriver in my house!!! but i do understand that all these expensive tools can't be left outside so they have to be in the family room... :eek:

need electric run out back so we can put up lights. need 4 more automatic waterers and we are done with that (actually did 2 this weekend so making progress!) i won't even get started on what needs to be done to the vehicles since that is hubby's area - if it eats and poops i take care of it, if it has wheels or a motor he takes care of it - which i think is a sweet deal
default_yes.gif
:

tons more i know but this is what i can think of off the top of my head...

so minisaremighty, are you feeling better yet?

OK, I REALLY do not feel bad now after reading all your unfinished projects....PHEW! LOL! I just moved into my new apartment almost 2 months ago and I still have a wall full of boxes stacked up that need to be unpacked, have not put any pictures up and really need to go thru all my totes and figure out what I am keeping, what I am taking to Goodwill and what is trash! Until I read this thread, I thought I was a lazy bum... :lol: :bgrin (ok, I "can" be at times...but most of the time, I am just flat out tired after work
default_rolleyes.gif
: )

Well, our list is pretty substantial. We ranch, but my husband is a carpentar by trade; so of coarse nothing gets done around here.

He still needs to build me the front and install doors on my bathroom vanity.

We need to set the small building in place that is to be my new feed and tack building.

We need to put in a water line to the mini corral, so I don't have to haul water year round.

We have more windbreak to put up about the mini corral and barn.

I need to paint the section of windbreak that I just installed.

I recently finished painting the mini barn, finally; I painted three sides last year, but ran out of time for the fourth.

I'm sure there is more, but this is all I can think of.

We've been trying to move my sewing room to one of our outdoor buildings........I just simply need more room for all my equipment. We've also been trying to add on to our barn, which is finally getting done slowly but surely, and a good majority will be completed by weeks end thanks to hubby being on vacation! All that will be left to do is the little things, and then paint!

:aktion033: NOW, I know I am not the only one!!!!

Truly my list is so long and profound that I don't think we have enough room or time to list
default_wacko.png
: and I'm not certain I have enough time to do, so I'm considering renting a bulldozer!!!!! :new_shocked: :no:

Wipe it all out at one time..........

I come from a long line of unfinished projects, my dad once tore out the only bathroom in the house to replace the floor.about the time he finished the removal of the floor and sub floor he was called back to work and so we walked a plank out to the toilet for about a month till he got around to laying a new floor. he didnt rehang the sink for almost a year so we got used to washing hands in the tub. I promised my wife I would not folow in his footprints. so I dont start projects that I cant finish in two days. thats about the length of my attn span. I still have a couple of projects that have drug on. I bought paint and a sprayer for all of the interior doors in the house about four years ago but there now hopelessly lost in the garage. wife was pointing these out again resintly. DR.

Back