Waters have receded :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JumpinJackFarm

Reaction score
Hi everyone...Though it is raining Donkeys & Dogs, the waters have receded. We had enough of a break in the rain yesterday that the rivers and streams are excepting this new storm pretty good so far.

Our pasture is about a third under and there is just BIG in convienient puddles around our home and out buildings. Basement is still pumping full time.

We lost alot of belongings that were in our garage in storage.

Our garage was up a bit from our house and when we went to bed Monday night...our dog woke us up an hour later howling from the garage...it was about 8in deep at the time and the poor things igloo was floating around along with everything else.

The barn is an absolute mud disaster...what a mess!!!

Our property was wiped clean....It's kinda strange if you think about it. Where is our stuff? I would expect someone else's "stuff" to be in my yard...theres NOT...just piles of leaves everywhere.

In our immediate neighborhood, there is 8 homes and out of those 8...3 are inhabitable :no:

On the bright side ...we have never lost our power during this whole event (knock on wood)

I just can't wait for things to dry out so my girls don't have to be wading in mud.

They are very fortunate though...when we were driving around yesterday, there are still livestock on critter pads in the fields. Sadly there has been alot of livestock death in the lower valley
default_sad.png

* I will post pics when I get them developed...my camera got soaked being in my coat pocket and I am waiting for the film to dry out :no: to turn it in. We did get some ugly video though. Thanks for lisening to me again. TTY all soon, Teri

[SIZE=12pt]I'm glad to hear the water is going down. :aktion033: I wonder where your things are too... Somebody down the line must have yours and your neighbors things! I don't know how much of your loss that the flood insurance will pay. But like I said before, we are here to help if you will let us. I'm sure it will take you a long time to figure out what all you had out there. I'm so sorry, again, I wish I was closer to you!
default_yes.gif
: It's a miracle that you never lost power. Are the sewer system and the water works still operating? Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

I sure wish you had gotten Wally swimming on video...lol

Thats really odd--I would think all your neighbors stuff would of come floating by or into your yard and your stuff--lord knows where that ended up! I hate to be the neighbor that ends up with everyones stuff...lol... Your poor dog, I am so glad he awoke you to help him and his floating dog house. I think alot of us here on the forum wishes there was something we could do to help you, but we're all so far apart. DARN--we need to start moving closer to each other :bgrin
default_yes.gif
: I cant believe you never lost your power. Here by me--I swear all we have to do is get a light drizzle out--and we lose it! :no: :bgrin Hang in there and keep us posted. Corinne

Glad the water is finally going down, but sorry about the mess your place is in and the stuff you lost. Wish I was nearer and could offer to help with the cleanup.

So sad about the animals that were lost in so many places.
default_sad.png

Power is still on :aktion033: we have been lucky and haven't had the winds like Oregon is having. It continues to rain heavily though and the pasture has been eaten up once again and the waters are getting close to the barn again....if it comes it comes...can't hurt anything anyway. The waters are away from the house and the garage so far...basement is still pumping full time.

I know you all would like to help...I know it and feel it
default_yes.gif
:

Trust me if you all lived closer I would put you to work.

Good idea about moving closer to each other
default_yes.gif
:

I suggest something down south!

Shannon's place looks nice & dry to me ..... I could learn a nice southern accent :bgrin

wow :new_shocked:

for us desert rats (in AZ) that sounds so intense!!

our thoughts are with you and hope things dry out for you soon!!

[SIZE=12pt]Just let me know when you're on the way Teri... :aktion033: I bet Daisy and Wally would have a ball! [/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back