Wanted to share this king size quilt I just finished!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnbum

Reaction score
It's for my son and daughter-in-law. They have about six quilts by me already (Justin has at least four from living with me and Jenny has two), but they didn't have one that would cover the bed. I asked her if she'd like one, and she said yes!
default_yes.gif
So while we were searching through patterns, I remembered one I bought and had even collected fabrics for. She loved it AND the fabrics! How perfect! I don't make quilts anymore (but lots of other stuff!), unless I know who they're for (no one buys them), so it was a win-win situation! Jenny watched it come together block by block. She just picked the backing and it's going to a friend for a custom quilt job!
default_thumbup.gif

001 - Copy.JPG

004 - Copy.JPG

002 - Copy.JPG

012 - Copy.JPG

007 - Copy.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Love it. Saw your post on FB. I don't make many bed quilts, mostly just lap and baby quilts with a few table toppers and runners.

I recently finished one for Mom's birthday, its an oversized lap quilt.

NICE!! How long did that take you?

WOW !!! That is simply STUNNING !!!!!

Seriously, coming from someone who has to buy a new shirt if I loose a button - I'm VERY impressed
default_smile.png

I envy your talent and patience to make something like that. I bet it's therapeutic and relaxing though, especially if you do it over a long period.

default_smile.png

NICE!! How long did that take you?
I never keep track.
default_yes.gif
I steal moments to quilt--a creative outlet. I set this aside three times to work on other projects, so I don't even have an accurate starting and ending week. If I counted hours, it'd dimish the joy. That is why I rarely do orders for quilts--even small stuff. I want to make what I want to make--play with fabrics I love--and if someone wants to buy what's for sale, great. If not, no big deal. Must keep the joy.

default_yes.gif

WOW !!! That is simply STUNNING !!!!!

Seriously, coming from someone who has to buy a new shirt if I loose a button - I'm VERY impressed
default_smile.png

I envy your talent and patience to make something like that. I bet it's therapeutic and relaxing though, especially if you do it over a long period.

default_smile.png
It is theraputic and relaxing--for the most part. I choose to quilt, but I don't get enough time in my studio. I'm excited about new projects. The next one is creating a cloth book for babies that's educational. Fun!

Karla, that is really beautiful! Your quilts are going to be long treasured family heirlooms I'm sure
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back