Quilts and quilt news!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnbum

Reaction score
First, I am tickled to have sold a large quilt! I've sold lap quilts, baby quilts, doll blankets, potholders, and bookmarks, but never a big one before. Remember the watercolor floral log cabin? It's headed to Texas!
default_smile.png

IMG_1623.jpg

My quilter did an awesome job!

69dbc13c.jpg

This one just went to the quilter's. It's a Triple Irish Chain I call Meadow Whispers.
default_smile.png
(I name my foals and my quilts!)

It's a keeper.

TripleIrishChain.jpg

This looks darker than it really is.

TripleIrishChainclose.jpg

TICWhispers.jpg

The back--just as delicate as the front.

TICback.jpg

A friend is expecting her second grandchild in the summer, so let me know she'd be looking for another baby quilt. I wanted to give her a choice. I've been wanting to finish this one for months, it has nursery rhyme blocks with orphan blocks from another quilt. I had to add borders so it'd work, but I love the blue! and finally had time. But, I love it so much, I'm going to keep this too.
default_rolleyes.gif
There's just something about it that delights me.
default_laugh.png
My son is engaged and marrying in July, so, maybe in five years I'll have a grandbaby to give it to.

IMG_2989.jpg

Next are a special wall hanging--I'm making four so I'll have three for gifts, a Splash of Fall wall hanging I just created on EQ6, and an appliqué' project for something I haven't done in awhile. I need more time!
default_wacko.png

You are inspirational with those beautiful creations...I am almost caught up w/ stuff so I can play a little. Thinking of trying a double Irish chain lap size from that book we both have
default_smile.png

Congrats on your Sale!!

They are all stunning but I really like that top one!!
default_biggrin.png

Karla,

The quilts are beautiful!! I especially love Meadow Whispers - of course the fact that it has so much blue makes it even more special. I LOVE going to your website and looking at your quilts.

Hey, that baby quilt is just precious!!! I can just see when the day comes that you have grandchildren to make quilts for!!

WOW!!! Amazing and inspiring!! My favorite is the first one!!!!
default_wub.png

Leya

Thanks! Quilting brings me such joy--well, most of the time.
default_wink.png

The first one "Garden Found" is 82" square, it has 100 blocks in it, over 60 different fabrics, and no piece is wider than 1.5". My quilter said to not let it go for less than $1000-1200, and she felt it'd be appraised for $2000-2500. But, it's tough to find buyers/quilt lovers who understand the value of quilts like this--or any quilts. I put a price tag of $900 on it and one of the quilting forum woman, who had watched it grow with my posts, bought it. She said it is her favorite quilt she's ever seen. She was stunned I was selling it, but so very excited. But, I redesigned the block, so the next one will end with a floral, rather than end with a light. So, the percentage of florals will be greater. Plus, there are some florals I'm taking out, and the lights will be all green, rather than any tan. I have so much fabric left--and the strips are hanging on my wooden ladders just waiting for me to start. Besides, once I started Meadow Whispers, I knew I loved that one more. And I can't keep them all!!!

I have some new squares done. I'll post them later to show the difference.

Back