Wanna talk about STRESS???!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iwill add my

[SIZE=21pt]CONGRATULATIONS!![/SIZE]

I remember those days of not knowing how we would pay the Dr and hospital but we did and my first was born on the 4th of September by c-section which added to the bill BIG time. But that was 40 years ago and we got the bills paid, and he along with his brother and sister are pretty special. You little one will be too.

tuffsmom said:
I've already told the Grandparents, LOL.
We're just going to try to work it out....maybe sell the dog, kitchen table, tv, used socks, etc...you know, just try to pay the bills, LOL. I STILL HAVE NO CLUE! 
wacko.gif

532670[/snapback]

I bet some proud grandparents may help a bit too.......just so you don't have to sell the dog.....

MA

lol well if it helps ..you and angel are do on nearly the same day
yes.gif
biggrin.gif
. lol, if it makes you feel better
biggrin.gif

Leeana

You do not need to except a check from the Government every month. However, you may still qualify for health care. You are not taking charity. It is there for a reason.

By the way.

[SIZE=21pt]Congratulations!!![/SIZE]

Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
aktion033.gif
Got preg. 3 times on the pill but never carried to term. Here in Virginia they have all kinds of clinics for prenatal care at very low or no cost. Had a couple of froends use them recently Your Dr. should be able o give you that information. Or the local hospital.
yes.gif

Congratulations!

I am a bit envious of our little LB population boom this week! No matter what Darrin & I do, we will never have human babies.

Don't worry about the bills. You just chip away at them a little at a time. If they get a little money every month, they won't harrass you. Another option is, after new baby arrives (awww, you are sooo lucky) take out a consolidation bill for all of the different bills. Medical expenses are never just on one bill, so it can be confusing (there's the physician, the room, anesthesia, etc). Just consolidate them so you have just one payment to deal with. I managed to pay off a huuuuge medical bill (yep, more than having a baby) this way. It took about 5 or 6 years, but I did it. I also learned that medical bills, if they make it to your credit report, are noted as 'medical' and it wasn't nearly as damaging as having out of control credit card debt.

Most of all, don't let yourself be too stressed during this wonderful time.

Okay... out of work social worker here... First of all.. let me say.. CONGRATS! Now see if you have United Way in your area and call them, and ask them if they can refer you to a social worker that has a resource book for your county. Then ask them where you can go to apply for Medicaid. Yes, married people are eligible for medicaid, it just depends on your liquid assets pretty much .. or if you drive a big new dually... you could have a problem then. Once you get some information, I'm pretty sure you can get financial assistance to pay 100% of your medical bills. Now, if assets comes into question, you need to make sure you have a seperation of your business and personal assets. If you include your business assets in with her personal assets, it won't work, and you will have to foot that size bill. If you cannot ge any answers call the hospital you think you will deliver at, and ask to speak to a social worker there. Tell her your concerns and that it's not that you don't want to pay.. but you don't want your credit rating dinged and that you don't keep that kind of money laying around the house.

Okay, as far as the pain goes.. there are two kinds of anastetic for pain, there is a spinal ... and an epidural. The spinal thing.. (now we need a nurse here).. is ONE shot... (don't take that).. and the epidural is a tube that continues to deliver medicaiton to you while you have the baby. Heck we could open a debate on this, but I had a C-section and the darn shot wore off, BEFORE they had her out.. or sewed me up... need I say more???

During the pregnancy, you might experience pain iin your legs and feet.. there is a pill you can take for this... buta... (something).. if you ask the doctor for it. The biggest thing is to make sure you stay off sugar right now. Keep the salt in your diet to a minimal.. (I put on 80 lbs with one pregnancy).. You don't want to have to take diabetic insulin shots and you don't want excess water weight. I lived in Maine for one of my three pregnancies and ate lobster and watermelon... 24/7. Everyone laughed at hubby carrying watermelon by the half dozen out of the store. I could eat alot of watermelon and still be on a diabetic diet.. so I ate it with every meal... (that way I ate less food with salt in it)... Also we lived in Maine in Rockland (next to Rockport) and lobster was CHEAP. Now this daughter... (God Bless her) has an IQ over 150.. and I give lobster the credit. Plus I could eat lots of that, and not have blood sugar problems. I think eating more protein was important to keeping the carbs down, and the blood sugar stable. I did that for the next pregnancy... and that pregnancy was fine too.

Okay... last ... but not least. Take ten mins each day to pray for yourself and your baby. It's a great stress reliver.. and it can't hurt. I'll put you on my prayer list too... but you have to keep us posted.

Now, you wanna talk stress??? I'm building a new house... started March of 2004!!! They are finally breaking ground this week!!!! Need I say more??? Wanna switch??? Lol..

God Bless,

Lynn W

P.S. I was perimenopausal when I had my last two. I was age 44 and had gone through the hot flashes and all that. The doctor put me on the pill, because of the risk to my health, because I wasn't well... diabetic problems...

so what happens??? I get preggers... thanks to the pill. Can I suggest an IUD next time??? It may have it's problems, but.. well, it worked better for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big congratulations to you and your hubby!!! I know it came as a shock and all, but let me tell you from experience, he or she will be the nicest shock you've ever known. My youngest is a pill baby, and it wasn't exactly good timing to say the least, but thank God! for blessing my life with her. I hope you are able to figure out the financial end of things, but if not, remember this: They cannot repossess you or the baby
biggrin.gif

First off....congratulations.....though this baby wasn't planned, this is happening for a reason. Our little one that was born just last week was not planned and I was also on the pill. He has been nicknamed our little "unplanned blessing". He is only a week old and I can't imagine not having him. I just tucked him in to bed and he is just such a doll.

You've already gotten some great advice from others so I don't have much to add though want to encourage you to talk to your county or social services about health care programs. In Minnesota here we have opportunities for medical coverage for people that don't have it - especially for prenatal care. You will want to explore every option because we have very good health insurance that covers everything but they do send us detailed billing of what the health insurance company was charged and I can't believe what it has cost us so far. I needed extra monitoring and visits, especially the last few weeks and basically everytime I walked in for a stress test, ultra sound and BPP it cost over $1,000 and I was going in twice a week. It would have been awful to be responsible for all of that ourselves.

Congratulations!!! Be calm, don't worry, it will all work out for the best!!!

Joyce

biggrin.gif
CONGRATULATIONS!
new_multi.gif

My husband and I are self-employed and don't have insurance either. I used to

when I worked for the state but I left the job because the stress to keep the

insurance wasn't worth it. Number 3 was paid for completely by us. You can work

out a payment schedule with the group you use and the hospital. They actually

charge less if you are paying the bill yourself. Yes, its expensive but anything in

life worth having comes with a cost. It's worth it. Linda B

All I am going to say is CONGRATULATIONS. You may feel like your totally stressed out now, but once that little bundle of joy,gives you the first kick...all you will feel is, all the love and excitment of having the baby. LLike everyone has said things will work out, and even if you do end up having to pay completely, as long as you pay "something" each month, everything will be fine. Here in Wisconsin, there is a program called BadgerCare, I am pretty sure she it works like a health insurance, you might want to check it out and see if your state has it, but I do think it is income related too. Corinne

Latest posts

Back