Sleeplessness

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had issues with it.

Do you by chance have anxiety issues?

Nah, I'm not anxious at all. But I'm a type "A" person. Always on the go. Pretty anal retentive about certain things, too. And at night, my brain just won't turn off. I think about what I've got to do tomorrow, etc. People tell me to think about nothing. So then I go to bed thinking about thinking about nothing. How funny is that??

But the pills seem to turn off my brain so I can sleep. I'm not drugged feeling. And, in fact, I stay up for at least an hour after taking them and don't feel overly sleepy. But I must say, I am really a new person when I can sleep at night.

I just got my computer back after it being in the shop for repair. I'm happy that this drug is working for you, but I have a couple of cautionary statements for you, be careful if you take other drugs prescribed by your doctor, and DO NOT drive for eight to ten hours after taking this sleep aid. I just buried a daughter that was in an accident and was on this drug and driving. sorry, son't mean to bum you out, just trying to protect.

Another note would be to be careful not to mistake your Ambien for any other pills you take. My boss mistakenly took two Ambien one morning instead of his blood pressure pills...he did not realize his mistake until he curb-checked his car about 3/4ths of the way to work. Luckily he made it the rest of the way safely and he then had someone drive him home so he could, quite literally, sleep it off.

I have taken Ambient for over 10 years. I do not sleep without it. I can not take the CR extended release, It has strange side effects like my shopping on the computer and sending emails out that are just gobbbly goop. I have fibromalgia and sleep disorder is common with it. When you dont sleep your brain is foggy, exhausted, and in pain. Ambien has made a world of difference, but since you know it will knock you out you do need to make sure you know what you are taking and time your taking of it so you are in bed. The only thing I dont like it I am in such a deep sleep I dont remember sometimes falling asleep one minute you are watching TV the next minute the alarm is going off & its morning. I went thru a sleep study, my mind does not shut off either. Ambien really makes a difference for me though, I hope it continues to make a difference for you.

Debbie

Latest posts

Back