Wallis....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcwallis

Reaction score
Here is a picture looking where the garage, old barn, and new barn use to be..

I sure hope everyone else is ok....020.JPG

I sure hope everyone else is ok....020.JPG

OMG! I'm so sorry that happened to you! And I very sorry you lost a horse
default_sad.png

I just can't imagine! {{{{Hugs}}}}

Thank God you're ok.

I sure hope everyone else is ok....View attachment 1651
Davie asked if we needed anything... I am going to rent a car today so I will be able to get the SMZs, antibiotic ointment, and vet wrap that I had told her we needed..

Lynda, that is just terrible! So glad you and Mike are ok.

Sent you an email yesterday. Is there anything Charlotte and I can do for you? Anything you need that we can help with?

I think the real cleanup will start tomorrow and Sat... I might need Lil Girl to go somewhere safe. She is ripping the underside of her jaw more and more.... I think it's too late for stitches... They superglued it shut and it worked for a day but she keeps rubbing it on the stall door. I moved her to another area but I don't know if it is very safe... I'll watch her but she needs SMZs twice a day and Bute twice a day. Had a vet over yesterday and he said to watch that one... I'm getting more concerned... If you or Charlotte have room it might be good because we are going to be so busy with everything..I try to watch but there's so much. Hope this makes sense :0

OMG! My heart goes out to you and yours. I'm so sorry that I am so far away and can't help in your time of need. Please know that I am thinking of you, these are the times when you really need to accept help from friends, neighbors and family. Please don't hesitate to ask for help. Even if it is just a shoulder to cry on, or emotional. I'm so sorry your horses are injured, last tornado that came through here tore up alot, destroyed a lot but thank goodness my animals were in one piece. My sympathies on the lose of one of your beloved horses.

I am so sorry for your losses! This looks terrible! Big hugs to you. I wish it was more.

OMG!!
default_new_shocked.gif
I seem to have missed something here and can't find any topics by you explaining what happened but I'm assuming you were in the path of that tornado? OMG! I can't imagine what you must be feeling right now and am SO sorry about the loss of your horse.
default_no.gif
For your remaining girl, can you find a fly mask somewhere in that chaos or wrap a bedsheet around her jaw and poll so when she rubs she doesn't rip it open again? My prayers are with you.

Leia

Is lil girl a miniature? I am in Hobart. How far are you from me? Perhaps I could help by keeping her till you are more organized. My sister is a vet tech so I am close to someone who could help me with her, if need be.

580-726-2534

Is lil girl a miniature? I am in Hobart. How far are you from me? Perhaps I could help by keeping her till you are more organized. My sister is a vet tech so I am close to someone who could help me with her, if need be.

580-726-2534
Thank You Marsha but Becky is going to take the two that I'm concerned about..... Thank you so much for the offer..

I have Lynda's two injured horses here. Their injuries aren't life threatening, but my vet will be coming tomorrow to look at them just to make sure all is being done for them to help them heal properly.

Poor Mike and Lynda have their work cut out for them. Their place and the whole area around them looks like a war zone. Terrible.

Becky, is there anything they need that we could donate? Like halters and leads and buckets, etc?

Charlotte

I have Lynda's two injured horses here. Their injuries aren't life threatening, but my vet will be coming tomorrow to look at them just to make sure all is being done for them to help them heal properly.

Poor Mike and Lynda have their work cut out for them. Their place and the whole area around them looks like a war zone. Terrible.

Kuddo's to you Becky! I just saw this and was going to offer...in much better hands with you. You and Charlotte are angels....

I don't know where the Wallis farm is, I am down by Ada if you need anything.

Thank you so much everyone and BECKY.... Two less things to worry about... Just sent another broodmare to the vet along with colt at side... I think she is dehydrated or ate something... I don't know seh went down and we got her up and she is wobbly.... I'll update that one later....

Charlotte, Don't need too much, don't have place to put it... but thank you..

Now the fight with the insurance will begin! We have cracks upstairs and the adjuster said it was nothing.... Are you kidding?

I will be calling a structural engineer tomorrow.....

I am sorry for you loss of your horse and barn. It is going to be a long journey but we are here for you. The lil beginnings folks are wonderful.

Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers from NC.

Chris

Lynda, I sure hope your mare and foal are ok. Please let us know when you know more.

Ugh on the insurance company. Definitely get a structural engineer there and let him make the decision as to whether your house is structurally sound or not!

Latest posts

Back