Wall Street Illusions Jazz Singer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Sheryl,

I don't know about the mare's side of the bloodline. But I can tell you that the sire's dam, BHR Chasta, is a pure gray mare that has rarely thrown any color other than bays. So, if there is anything that would contribute to this very nice stallion having LWO, it would be the dam's side. But I've checked the AMHR studbook, and I really don't think there should be any concern.

Thanks Jason, I appreciate you answer and information.
default_biggrin.png

Honestly, I would not use any Pinto horse on an untested mare without testing him, as Songcatcher said, it just is not worth the risk.

You cannot tell by looking, or by pedigree (unless you know all the horses personally, that is
default_wink.png
) and a foals life could depend on it.

Songcatcher, do all three of those horses go back to Rowdy? I'm familiar with the miniature lines that go back to LWO and how a solid color horse can be LWO +. I'm still learning my shetland lines as well as these color patterns when you have more than one possible pattern involved.

Songcatcher, do all three of those horses go back to Rowdy? I'm familiar with the miniature lines that go back to LWO and how a solid color horse can be LWO +. I'm still learning my shetland lines as well as these color patterns when you have more than one possible pattern involved.
Yes, all three are descended from Rowdy. The first horse is McSperitts Rowdy Night Image, a Rowdy Grandson. The second is Songcatchers Walking After Midnight, sired by the stallion above and out of Bear Farms New Genes. The third is McSperitts Masterpiece Tori, who is a grand daughter of the stallion above (through her dam) and is acutally Rowdy bred on both top and bottom (although rather distantly). Her sire is McSperitts Dandy Masterpiece, who is a Rhotens Little Dandy grandson on top and Rowdy bred on bottom, and the source of Tori's LWO gene.

Latest posts

Back