Wall Street Illusions Jazz Singer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irish Hills Farm

Irish Hills Farm
Reaction score
I was wondering what you thought of Jazz Singer's markings. Do you suspect LWO or think it's just splash? He has tons of sabino "markings" if you will. He does carry the Wauk A Way line through his dam but I'm thinking since she is the only Walk A Way horse we may be advoiding the LWO gene. I know, test to know for sure but I'd like people's opinions. Thanks.

js0719b.jpg

js719b.jpg

jzleft.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just by looking at him, I would say no frame and no splash. He doesn't show characteristics of either, IMO. But, if in doubt, test for LWO. I agree on the sabino along with tobiano. Beautiful horse, BTW!
default_smile.png

I don't see any signs of Splash or LWO either. Splash usually puts wild white markings on the face/head.

Visually.....he appears to be a Sabino/Tobiano combination. But, of course, LWO (Frame) can hide when other patterns are present....so you need to test for that! It's not so important to test for Splash, since there is no "lethal" repercussions involved with it.

You probably know I could give a rip about color, but I just wanted to say pretty horse with a pretty expression.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheryl that is NOT the same horse you sent pictures of when you first got him. He now is one good looking horse.Good luck with him. You done a great job with him.

Thanks everyone for your opinions. I do know that two of his paternal sisters carry splash so was thinking that the white marking on his belly was splash. Jazz has breed 2 mares who carry splash so it will be interesting to see what we get there.

Yes, Frannie, this is the same horse.
default_wub.png
He is much prettier in person.

That there guy is "music to my ears!

Pretty Pretty Pretty!

I would guess tobiano only.

Hot Chile has facial white and a partial blue eye. I was still super excited to see her filly this year with obvious splash!
default_new_shocked.gif
Maybe you'll get lucky?

He is gorgeous!!! I have a friend that has a stallion marked almost exactly like yours and LWO, his offspring were usually loud pintos, I convinced her to test for LWO and she was glad she did!

I've been doing some reading and it says tobiano markings are round /smooth.

I would say that they white up on Jazz Singer's hip is smooth and round but the marking on his side isn't. It is feathered and jagged.

I've added two more pictures. One just shows the sabino marking up on his back. The other is a picture

of the white on his neck, under his mane. Don't know if that makes a difference or not?

05239-1.jpg

marking.jpg

jazzsabino.jpg

Okay, make it 3 more pictures.

I still say tobiano plus sabino. Sabino will make the tobiano edging 'feathered' in many cases. Splashed white by itself is very smooth edges. I just don't see frame there, but at least you can test for that pattern.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back