Vote No to Open Jumper Proposal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yaddax3

Reaction score
There is a proposal for both AMHR and ASPC Classics to change Adult Jumper to Open Jumper.

It's tough enough competing against fellow adults without adding those pesky and speedy teens into the mix.

If this rule passed it likely would cause many of the adults now competing to skip the class.

I wonder which parent of a speedy teen proposed this rule change. Or, maybe it's someone with a fast mini or pony who thinks having a teen jump their horse will increase their chances of winning.

I have a couple of speedy teens and I want them to do well -- in youth Jumper classes.

I agree with you. We need to keep it as 'Adult Jumper' I have seen many more adults trying the jumping classes since it was made adult only. I don't remember when it was, but I think it was a good change

I would perish attempting to keep up. Agreed.
thumbdown.gif

I've given up even trying to keep up with long legged adults of any age. I get the horses/ponies started and then, yes I'm one of those trainers
default_rolleyes.gif
, I hand the horse off to a speedy kid.

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.
new_shocked.gif
Sometimes there just has to be a seperation of adults and youth, it is hard enough that the youth become adults at the old age of 18, now someone thinks we should compete with someone 14 or so. I don't think so.

Danny

Ok,

For those of you that haven't been around that long. The Adult jumper rule was changed back at the 2000 convention when a group from our area wanted it changed from open to adult for the very reasons why you are against changing it. The youth have their classes for those youth till they are 18. The adults wanted to compete with adults. The youth once they were 18 can still come in and compete with the adults but this was to try to keep the adults involved.

So I would also vote against this rule change too.

Karen

I dont do jumper class BUT do 100% agree with everyone else. I think that they should'ent change it either.

NO!

default_smile.png
I don't blame you for wanting to keep your "adult" jumping class! We only have open jumping classes in Pinto and we're always competing against the young-uns! We hold our own too!! When it comes down to the jump off they definately have the speed advantage. Just have to make sure the oxygen tank is ready when I get through!
default_smile.png

default_poke.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

I'd love to know exactly who proposed this and I look forward to them presenting it at convention and explaining what their reasoning is behind their proposal. I do hope they are attending.
default_poke.gif
default_deadhorse2.gif
default_poke.gif

Our whole family competes in Jumper and we have fast teen-agers who run track and cross country who can and have won at Nationals in Youth Jumper in the past and our son was 1st AND 2nd this year in the 8-12 division and he moves up to the teen division next year. We do stay for the entire time at Nationals so whoever is proposing this is asking for the chance to compete against them in open jumper in addition to competing against other teen-agers like Julie Zander who is tall and thin and also runs track and is amazingly fast and has also been a frequent winner in Jumper and she usually jumps 4-5 horses both for her family and other families horses and often has multiple horses that have times fast enough to be in the top five of the class.

There is NO WAY I will support allowing Julie, Samantha or Sawyer into MY jumping class to compete against me. They beat me in enough in other open division classes as it is.

I'm not THAT old but I do have aches and pains and physical limits to my body that they do not have. Last year I won Adult Jumper Over just two months after having my 5th child and I made it over the finish line with the fastest time but I wet my pants and came very VERY close to throwing up in the plants at center ring. I thought I was going to die.

default_smileypuke.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary OMG you are so funny- so this year were there Depends involved?

I move into Golden Age next year. I'll be using Depends long before Mary.
Hey, Bob. I told you we're going to go the Obama route and move the Golden Age up to 56 --just for you. You complain about having to compete against your kids...most adults feel the same way about competing against you! You always look like you're working to have a complete collapse. LOL

First, this is off-topic but I thought I saw a Golden Age class listed for Nationals as 65 and older? And I thought "man, now I have to wait that much longer to get to go into those classes!" because I swear they used to be 55? Or do I now need glasses? lol! *squints*

And, on-topic--- yep, there was a VERY good reason that the used-to-be-Open Jumper was changed to Adult Jumper. The kids have their own jumping class, let us over-18 year olds have ours. Hm, is there a "Golden Age Jumper" that I can look forward to? *wink*

Not sure about Golden Age for the jumping, but in driving there were two golden age classes: one is 55 to 64 the other is 65 and over.

Not sure about Golden Age for the jumping, but in driving there were two golden age classes: one is 55 to 64 the other is 65 and over.

Golden Age Jumper is 55 and older. I proposed it five years ago, when I turned 50, with 50 being the starting age, but it was bumped to 55 even though you get your AARP card at 50 and the Senior Tour in the PGA starts at 50. I never thought I'd look forward to being 55, but, finally I'll get the Jump with the, uh, veteran jumpers.

Thank you both for that. So I'm NOT going senile! (yet, lol)

Latest posts

Back