Visiting my daughter in Knoxville, TN..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtnShadowsFarm

Reaction score
My daughter and her family recently moved to Knoxville and is still getting to know the area. We are visiting in a few weeks. Seems there is a lot of natural beauty to see there...any other suggestions???

Felicia

Felicia - Tell your daughter and her family welcome to the area! Tennessee is a beautiful state to live in. We moved here from the Gulf coast of Florida three years ago this month.

While we haven't done a whole lot of taking in the sights, we can highly recommend Cade's Cove, which is in neighboring Blount County off Highway 321 on the way to Gatlinburg. It is a beautiful state park and has abundant wildlife and history. A great place to pack a picnic lunch and get away for a few hours.

We live in Sweetwater, which is about 45 minutes south of Knoxville, right off I-75. We boast the Lost Sea attraction and a large indoor flea market. Ft. Loudoun in Vonore is also a beautiful place on Tellico Lake.

We hope you can visit our farm when you are here from California. You can e-mail @ [email protected] or my cell is 423-836-1844, should you wish to get in touch while you are here.

I'm sure there are more attractions, but I can't think of anymore right now....it's been a long day!

Take care!

If you were coming east a little further to NC you could visit one of your babies who is now 8. Mountain Shadows Kindred Spirit who is out of Reeses Pieces lives with us. He is an amazing boy and is my current show gelding.

PICT0025-2.jpg

:saludando: Lookout Mountain isn't too far from there, niether is Dollywood.

OMG! Ferin, YOU have Spirit! Wow! How far are you from Knoxville????? :new_multi: He looks wonderful!

Please give him a BIG hug for me!

Felicia

We really love Spirit! Hes a dream!
default_wub.png
: Ill give him a huge hug for you!

Knoxville is a little more than 4 hrs away from us. Its a shame its so far! If you should be out this way we would love to have you visit!

Hi again Ferin,

Yup, I mapquested it and it's a bit far most likely
default_sad.png
IF we get that way in our travels I'd love to visit if that's ok??? Perhaps you could PM me your contact info and I could give you a call if we get near your area?

I'm glad you're enjoying him so much! He's an awesome horse and I'm glad you have him and love him!

BTW....I visited your website and you have some VERY nice horses! :)

Felicia

I went to some dog shows there once and LOVED the area! LOTS and LOTS of great SHOPPING!!!!
default_yes.gif
:

And good restaurants, too.

Shelley

You need to plan on going to the Smoky Mountains. They are beautiful and try to a little hiking because the leaves will be breath taking this year. While you are in Knoxville, you need to eat at Calhoun's on the River(Great bar-b-que). The restaurant sits on the side of the Tennessee River and on University of Tennessee game days the VOL Navy docks at the restaurant. Also the Knoxville Zoo is world renown for their red pandas. It is a very nice zoo. I hope you enjoy your trip.

default_smile.png
Thanks! That would be great! Ill pm you my phone number so youll have it just in case. It would be great to meet you!

Welcome, I am in Jonesborough, about 1.5 hrs east of Knoxville. Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are about 30 minutes further east, lots to do there and lots of shopping. Knoxville has two malls also.

Latest posts

Back