video of Bishop and I doing some obstacle practice yesterday. The weather was so nice.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura Leopard

Reaction score
We've not practiced this all winter, but he still did pretty well.

Great job! I am going to show this video to my girls as they are just now getting into showing and were wondering about halter obstacle. This will give them a great idea of what they need to be working on! Also, I am very jealous you can actually see the ground at your place! We are still buried under snow and ice here, so no working with ours for now!

Thanks for sharing!

Barbara

Great job! I am going to show this video to my girls as they are just now getting into showing and were wondering about halter obstacle. This will give them a great idea of what they need to be working on! Also, I am very jealous you can actually see the ground at your place! We are still buried under snow and ice here, so no working with ours for now!

Thanks for sharing!

Barbara

Thanks. Their are some other great videos online with people doing obstacle at shows. I didn't do any sidepassing this time, but that is a big part of doing obstacle. Make sure your horse can sidepass both directions. Ground tying is also something done a lot so practice that as well. Of course do the ground tying practice in an enclosed space so your horse doesn't run away.

Laura

Very nicely done - the obstacles and the video. I hope all the people who have had questions about obstacles or what to do with their minis in the winter can see this.

And I am also jealous, as I doubt we will see bare ground in our shaded ring until late March. I think I heard today we have had over 100 inches of snow this winter and we keep breaking records.

Just another of the great things about these little guys is that they never forget what they've been taught. A year or so ago my pony was acting "funny" and I wondered what he was doing until he finally finished his bow. I had forgotten that I taught him to do that, but obviously he remembered.

Awesome Job! I am also jealous....I want bare ground...my entire property is nothing but glare ice! Not safe to work them on!

Awesome Job! I am also jealous....I want bare ground...my entire property is nothing but glare ice! Not safe to work them on!
Having bare ground is really nice. We are supposed to get up in the 70's this weekend. Nice for now, but we'll pay the price this summer when it gets into the high 90's and is humid. It's a trade off I suppose.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back