Updated Pictures and Great News About My Rescued Mini!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad you rescued this little guy.

However, I don't think those are his papers. The horse in the papers has four high white socks, and your guy has no white at all. As rudimentary as the non-photograph papers used to be, it's clear it's not the same horse.

Enjoy him, I hope you post some pictures of him in a summer coat!

Andrea

What a great story. He is going to be well loved and cared for.

I love the gorgeous mane!! I bet he is going to be awesome when he sheds out and feels really good. He looks like a real character.

I frequent the Unadilla auction, I highly doubt whoever bought that mini, was going to send her to sale. There are 2 meat buyers there, one (Nickerson) will resell if he can, before sending them to Canada and the other (Chuckie) hauls them to PA, and deals with Another Chance for Horses rescue, they rehome what they can before shipping to Canada.

I m pretty sure I saw that black mini mare on the AC4H website. I dont see her now though.

There was a mini stud there today, that someone bought for 135(I think) and he had something wrong with him, but I couldnt figure it out. All 3 minis today went to homes. I have brought home 4 or 5 minis from there myself.

Edited to add, Another Chance for horses does have her AND she had a bay filly AND they are placed!

http://www.ac4h.com/AC4HPlaced.htm

3634517302_23aa2763c7.jpg

3633704015_82a8fd376e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, I missed the last sale. But I can look and see if they have something that looks like him.

did you get your mini from AC4Horses?

Nope, I looked through their whole page and didnt see him.
default_no.gif

I frequent the Unadilla auction, I highly doubt whoever bought that mini, was going to send her to sale. There are 2 meat buyers there, one (Nickerson) will resell if he can, before sending them to Canada and the other (Chuckie) hauls them to PA, and deals with Another Chance for Horses rescue, they rehome what they can before shipping to Canada.I m pretty sure I saw that black mini mare on the AC4H website. I dont see her now though.

There was a mini stud there today, that someone bought for 135(I think) and he had something wrong with him, but I couldnt figure it out. All 3 minis today went to homes. I have brought home 4 or 5 minis from there myself.

Edited to add, Another Chance for horses does have her AND she had a bay filly AND they are placed!

http://www.ac4h.com/AC4HPlaced.htm

3634517302_23aa2763c7.jpg

3633704015_82a8fd376e.jpg
That is just the best news ever...i really couldnt stop thinking about that poor mare, she looks just like my girl i lost last year....
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
i am so happy for her......
default_biggrin.png

What a pretty mare and I am glad she got placed!! It doesnt appear those papers go with your little guy and I wonder if there was a mixup somewhere.................. And I dont see any sign of silver either- your horse appears to be bay to me... his legs are very black and not the faded grayish that is so often seen on the silver bays. Bless you for taking him in.

Bless you for taking the little man on, can't wait to see pics of him when he's all clipped out.

Oh just look at that sweet little boy! God bless you for taking him in and giving him a home that he deserves. I can't wait to see how he progresses!

I think the papers COULD be his. I didn't look to see if they're his temporary ones, but often times bay foals are born pretty light with almost white legs (defense mechanism-foals are born more of a bland color with very light legs to blend in and hide from predators). Sometimes I have to look really close to be able to tell if a foal has real stockings or if it's just trying to hide from me! I see a lot of people misregister their bays as chestnuts and I see a lot of people add leg white when there really isn't any. They could be his! I would send pictures to the first owner and make sure it's him though
default_smile.png

Lots of luck and THANK YOU!!!!

I went back to look at his papers and I bet the papers ARE his! If you look it says his mane and tail were dark and he had a dorsal stripe which just screams BAY to me-people that don't understand coat colors always think they have duns when really it's just a bay with countershading. And looking at the picture of his "stockings"-they are all the same height and right about where the light baby hair would be (before shedding out giving him his black points).

he's certainly in a wonderful place - look at that mane! And a blanket! I bet he thinks he's in heaven and you're his angel! So happy he found you to get him back on track and spoil him with love and care. You're a very special gal and I bet another crackerjack prize awaits when you clip him this spring! Can't wait for more updates - congrats!

I'm curious though - not being familiar with "rescues" ....... how would papers accompany a rescued animal? I mean, does the owner who has an animal confiscated just turn over the paperwork (I would think an owner would be pretty mad to have someone come on their property and remove their animals - even if they are a bad animal owner)? Or is this a rescue from a sale and the papers were with the horse at an auction? Sounds like a dumb question I suppose - but I am curious. Perhaps I'm not realizing all the different ways an animal can become a rescue?
Some people just don't want them any more and give them to the rescue or the rescue can also buy them from auctions or private sellers. This little guy wasn't really skinny when pictures were first being posted. Just that he came from a rescue.

How's the little guy doing now? I bet he is gaining weight and starting to feel a little frisky these days. I sure all is well with him.

Marie

Latest posts

Back