Updated Pictures and Great News About My Rescued Mini!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiamondRio

Reaction score
So I found out today that my little man is Registered!! He has a name, a birthdate and a pedigree! I am so happy! The lady who owns the rescue who im adopting him though is going to send me a copy of the papers and I'll let you know all the details!! But I'm really happy!!

Here are some pictures of him from today!!

WoolyMamouthMini050.jpg

WoolyMamouthMini049.jpg

WoolyMamouthMini048.jpg

WoolyMamouthMini047.jpg

WoolyMamouthMini044.jpg

WoolyMamouthMini043.jpg

WoolyMamouthMini042.jpg

WoolyMamouthMini041.jpg

WoolyMamouthMini039.jpg

WoolyMamouthMini038.jpg

WoolyMamouthMini037.jpg

WoolyMamouthMini036.jpg

WoolyMamouthMini035.jpg

WoolyMamouthMini032.jpg

Ok I got his papers!

Registration # AMHR 270978T

Name: Lil Beginning Captain Zack

Birthday: 5/6/2006

Sire: Phoenix's Dakota

Dam: Trotting Brook Shian

Minipapers.jpg

I love what you have done to his mane!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed that on his papers it says he is chestnut - yet he looks like a bay to me!!!!!!!!!

He is actually a SILVER Bay, which often is mistaken for chestnut....especially when the horse is young.

Look forward to seeing his face when you do a head and neck clipping.
default_wub.png

He certainly looks happier in these pictures as against the first ones you posted. Well done you!

Anna

I haven't been following this topic at all, but wouldn't he be from Mary Lou?
His farm name is Lil Beginning.

I was kinda wondering too if someone from the forum was the breeder too? How in the world did he end up in such a sad state? Well he sure looks like he landed a great , loving home. I would wait on the clipping , but it depends on where you live and the weather. We are still having snow days between the spring , warm days. Its a bit confusing. With the proper nutrients, and care he will be extreamly handsome. Getting those papers is like a great prize at the bottom of your Crackerjacks, thats fantastic news.

Krissy

He is actually a SILVER Bay, which often is mistaken for chestnut....especially when the horse is young.
I don't see any sign of silver at all in his colour...seems to be straight-up bay. I myself have a definate chestnut born here, whose papers came back from the registry, changed to bay. Don't know where they saw it, as he has no silver characteristics at all, but it will definately be changed when he goes permanent or is sold.

Edited to add...looking closer at those papers, if they are his...he would HAVE to be buckskin, as his sire is cremello.

As for this little guy...I would definately contact the original owners and let them know you have him, and in what shape he was in when you found him. HOPEFULLY they are totally unaware of how he ended up, and if they sold him to the people who did this to him...they will KNOW who to never sell to again, and to warn others about.

Last edited by a moderator:
he's certainly in a wonderful place - look at that mane! And a blanket! I bet he thinks he's in heaven and you're his angel!

So happy he found you to get him back on track and spoil him with love and care. You're a very special gal and I bet another crackerjack prize awaits when you clip him this spring! Can't wait for more updates - congrats!

I'm curious though - not being familiar with "rescues" ....... how would papers accompany a rescued animal? I mean, does the owner who has an animal confiscated just turn over the paperwork (I would think an owner would be pretty mad to have someone come on their property and remove their animals - even if they are a bad animal owner)? Or is this a rescue from a sale and the papers were with the horse at an auction? Sounds like a dumb question I suppose - but I am curious. Perhaps I'm not realizing all the different ways an animal can become a rescue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh, he looks so much happier! You can see it in his eyes! He's a diamond in the rough and we won't recognize him when you clip him out!!
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif

I have contacted the original owner (her names on the papers if anyone knows her!) Her farm is called Joyful Heart Miniature Horse Farm in PA. She is listed as his original owner but not his breeder, I couldn't find any information on the person listed as his breeder.

He was a rescue from the chambers and sons Horse auction in Unadilla NY 2 weeks ago. Someone brought him there to be sold, it was horrible! You guys would have been so sad, so many horses went to the meat buyers, including a solid black pregnant mini mare
default_no.gif

He is a doll and I just love him
default_wub.png

You are right about the auction. I would have cried. I probably would have panicked and brought something home myself.
default_no.gif

No evidence of Silver and no evidence of Buckskin, I believe his sire is a misregistered Max Sabino or Splash, ie "white".

Bless you for taking such care of him, he is going to have a happy and rewarding life now!

I have contacted the original owner (her names on the papers if anyone knows her!) Her farm is called Joyful Heart Miniature Horse Farm in PA. She is listed as his original owner but not his breeder, I couldn't find any information on the person listed as his breeder.
He was a rescue from the chambers and sons Horse auction in Unadilla NY 2 weeks ago. Someone brought him there to be sold, it was horrible! You guys would have been so sad, so many horses went to the meat buyers, including a solid black pregnant mini mare
default_no.gif
Oh my god that is so horrible about the pregnant black mare, i cant stop thinking about it....
default_no.gif

that is just so very sad. Thankfully you were there for your little guy..lucky him...enjoy him he looks like a real cutie.

Congrats on your new boy and giving him the good home he needed. He looks well loved.

As for the registration papers, I do not think they belong to him. On the papers is says he has 3 stockings, which your horse doesn't. And not sure the horses colors match up. To be sure you would have to DNA him and his parents might not be DNA'd so that would help any ways.

Also I have purchase horses at sales (big horses) and had the papers mixed up by the sales company. Sending set of papers with the wrong horses. But any ways he is cute and and enjoy him.

Latest posts

Back