Update on Starved Colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viki

Reaction score
Little Sonny is really coming along! He is turning into a rambunctious yearling and I couldn't be happier about it! The farrier came again yesterday to work on his little feet. They are improving too. He thinks just a couple more visits and his feet should be 'right'. I hope to fully clip him in a couple more weeks

He's continuing to eat well and gain weight. His little legs are UNDER him now and he looks much less pitiful! They are straighening up wonderfully. He has energy to run and buck now and it's wonderful to watch!

The picture below is after 3 weeks here and you can see some improvement at that time.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and concern for him. He's turning back into the great little horse he once was!

HeadOn.jpg

Viki

Oh well done and what a little sweetie
default_wub.png

I've been itching to see how he's got on and am so glad to hear the good news.

Glad to see he is improving. Hugs for you for doing such a great job with him.

default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif
Way to go Viki!!

Good for you and your little man. He looks like he is a happy little colt. Please show us pictures of him when he is all clipped. Keep up the great work and so glad he found a GREAT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_wink.png
default_wink.png

Little Sonny is really coming along! He is turning into a rambunctious yearling and I couldn't be happier about it! The farrier came again yesterday to work on his little feet. They are improving too. He thinks just a couple more visits and his feet should be 'right'. I hope to fully clip him in a couple more weeks He's continuing to eat well and gain weight. His little legs are UNDER him now and he looks much less pitiful! They are straighening up wonderfully. He has energy to run and buck now and it's wonderful to watch!

The picture below is after 3 weeks here and you can see some improvement at that time.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and concern for him. He's turning back into the great little horse he once was!

HeadOn.jpg

Viki

I'm gonna have to stop by to see him in a few weeks, when I'm in OKC. I LOVE the spots!! At least his luck has changed...you are giving him the care he needs, poor little guy.

Thanks everyone! I don't get all the credit though! This little guy had/has a wonderful will to survive and thrive!
default_wub.png

I heard from yet another person that bought starving yearlings from this farm. They know what they are in for and doing everything they can for the 2 they bought. They tried to educate the guy on feeding and he doesn't think he has a problem!!
default_new_shocked.gif
I'm afraid as long as he's making MONEY on these poor horses, he'll continue doing as he is. And I hear, he is expecting foals this year. It's so sad for the poor little horses!

Viki

Latest posts

Back