Update on my mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Judy, I feel your sadness thru your words and want you to know that I'm very sorry for you. I well know the feeling and how much it hurts.

Joyce from CT

I am so sorry, hold in your heart the beautiful memories (((HUG)))

Judy,

I fully understand your "Brat" taking your breathe away. There are special ones that can do that to us. We are so fortunate & truly blessed when we are allowed to own one like that. Or could I say "to be owned by one like that" as was in my case....

You may have only had her in body for 23 years but you can have her in your heart & memories forever.

Margie

So sorry for your loss Judy. We had to put down our favorite mare in March of this year. We miss her so much but know that she is running in the fields over the rainbow bridge.

I'm sitting her crying Judy, after reading your post. Not sure if I'm crying for your Brat, or for my Jinks that crossed the bridge 15 years ago. I hope they're together, running thru endless green pastures. Water always fresh, no mosquitos or West Nile. And wait, just over there are our saddles on the fence, waiting till we can come take a ride. Hugs.

Big Big hugs to you Judy!!!!

There have been some wonderful and kind words from your forum friends and all of us who have lost a friend are crying with you as we recall these unhappy moments.

But remember the good times (as you have wonderfully put into words in your loving tribute) and the many friends the Brat made in her "careers" beyond what she had with you (as a therapy horse, as a school horse for those beginners, as a teacher for Alexis) - all those who loved her when they knew her.

Take care, Judy.

Sorry for your loss! Nice that you have so many great memories, though
default_smile.png

My most sincere thanks to all of you for your heartfelt sympathy and kind words of support and comfort. No one understands the loss of a horse better than a horse person, and I'm glad I have all of you to turn to. Thank you.

The Brat has been laid to rest in a grassy spot behind the barn where we will plant a tree. Probably an apple tree....

Yes, Chris, I had forgotten to mention the Brat's work as a therapy horse with T.E.A.D. (Therapeutic Equestrian Association for the Disabled). She provided four strong legs and lots of confidence for children and adults who couldn't walk on their own or were wheelchair bound. For that alone, she was worth her weight in gold.

Latest posts

Back