update on Hubby's handy work

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHARLOTTE & JOHN

Reaction score
John has made quite a lot of progress on building #2 and here are some pictures.

We have already put a big round bail of hay in the bottom part (as shown in picture 3)

Picture 4 was taken before we put the bail in.

The top loft part should hold around 16 square bails of hay.

2HORSES043.jpg

2HORSES042.jpg

2HORSES045.jpg

2HORSES040.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that is really nice! We are also do it yourselfers. Just wondering, do your horses have access to the round bale, or are you feeding it to them in the v shaped feeder?

We just got our first round bale, and have it in a covered shelter off the ground, but it is a work in progress. We havent figured out the best way to give them access without wasting it on the ground. Thats why I am wondering.

We are also new to minis. We have 2 grown up mares and one colt born on Aug 5. We dont plan on breeding, just enjoying!
default_wub.png
:

Just wondering, do your horses have access to the round bale, or are you feeding it to them in the v shaped feeder?
The horses do not have access to the round bale. We feed the hay in the v shaped feeder. There is a walkway between the round bale and the feeder (which is on the other side of the fence). You can see the walkway in picture 2. We prefer to hand feed the hay so we can check for foreign matter in the hay, as can happen with any type of bale.

The bottom of the barn is framed in and filled with dirt so the floor is elevated several inches and then the bale is also placed on top of a skid. This will keep water from running under the hay.

I hope this helps.

Charlotte

This is so cool. Great pics, I think I'm going to save them for future reference, if you don't mind.

Lucky you! Make that hubby something yummy and give him a hug, he's doing an awesome job.

Liz M.

Can I have your hubby for a few days???? I promise I'll feed him well and send him back undamaged!

Now I know I am not going to post the pictures of the Shelters we built for our stallions......they look like out houses, compare to yours........yours is a mini castle. Great Job!

I have to give my hubby credit.....he is a professional truck driver.........carpenter he is not, but he tries
default_wink.png
: And the horses and I appreciate it.....hope u don't mind if I save the pics to show him.

I think I'm going to save them for future reference, if you don't mind.
Sure, by all means.

Here is a link to the first post that shows pictures of the framework.

http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=84362

Now I know I am not going to post the pictures of the Shelters we built for our stallions......they look like out houses, compare to yours........yours is a mini castle. Great Job!

I have to give my hubby credit.....he is a professional truck driver.........carpenter he is not, but he tries
default_wink.png
: And the horses and I appreciate it.....hope u don't mind if I save the pics to show him.

Oh please post, we would love to see your shelters and everyone else's too. The more the merrier. You or anyone else is welcome to have copies of the pictures. Anything to help out.

Latest posts

Back