Update on hubby etc etc

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

First thanks to all who have emailed me wondering how i am. It means a lot to me. Ive been a little quiet lately (i know so not like me lol) and people were wondering what was going on.

Second i do have horses up for sale *very unusual for me* but I am not selling out. Just selling down a little due to hubbys health problems
default_smile.png

Some of you know I resigned as president of cmhr due to rustys vision problems. Well we got a bit more bad news. When he went for a complete physical they found he had no reflexes on his left and his short term memory is shot. Also the dr pointed out that his bad eye is on the left along with some other problems along the left side of his body. Got a catscan done and it shows a cyst in the middle section of his brain. They believe hes had it all his life but for some reason it has started to grow bigger and is putting pressure on his brain. His new dr thinks this maybe why he lost his vision in his left eye. This dr isnt so sure its wet macualar degeneration which would explain why the treatments rusty got didnt work. That would be good news in an odd way because we would know his other eye would be okay.

Now he is set up to go see a neurologist for an mri to get a better pic of the cyst and see what can be done. I am so thankful its not a tumor (i have lost my mom, my sister, my uncle, my mother in law all to brain tumors) His dr feels if they can just go in and take it out he should regain his memory etc. So im praying really hard for that.

Its just been hard for me to focus lately on anything but him. He is my soulmate and has been for 22 years. So its been a scarey few weeks.

Thanks for caring and we would appreciate any prayers anyone can spare
default_smile.png

Prayers coming your way for you and your hubby. Glad you got some good sounding news from the doctor. I hope you get good news after the MRI and that it will be a simple thing to remove the cyst (not that anything about the brain is ever really "simple"). Please keep us posted as you can.

Barbie

Oh Kay, I didn't know you've had all this going on! I've not been keeping up with all the threads on here, so if you've posted about some of the troubles Rusty has been having, I missed it.

I'm sending prayers that this cyst will prove to be easily removed and Rusty will soon be on his way to recovery.

Best wishes! Holly

Kay-Rusty and family,,,, my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Keeping you, Rusty and your family in my thoughts and prayers. [SIZE=18pt](((((HUGS)))))[/SIZE]

I am hoping that the CT scan was deceiving and the MRI will be clear.

Thoughts and prayers

Fran

That is scary but if it makes you feel any better, my dad had surgery to remove a tumor on his brain oh it has been about 6-7 years ago now. He is doing wonderful and suprisingly the recovery was not as bad as one would think

thank you all so much. the dr did say sometimes they see things on cat scans that arent there on mri but with rustys symptoms he was pretty sure it was there. just have to wait and see what the neurologist thinks. His next appt isnt until may 16th so more waiting and waiting ughhh.

rusty seems pretty good with it but it is bothering him that he cant remember anything and cant recall words.

Kay
default_pray.gif
: for you and your hubby.

I do understand how your hubby feels with problems with short term memory and words.

Since my fall 2.5 years ago, that has been my biggest problem! but some days are better than others.

I think one word and spell another and stutter sometimes now. I am not sure if old age is helping the situation.

I do pray for answers and a fast recovery on their findings.
default_wub.png
:

Prayers lifted for you and your family, Kay.

In His Hands,

Tanya & Lee

I think one word and spell another and stutter sometimes now. I am not sure if old age is helping the situation.
OMG, I do that too! In one of my last threads here, after posting I re-read it, and saw where I "meant" to type the word "yard", only somehow the word "year" came out.
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
: I had to go back re-type "yard". Just some of the things I've noticed since my surgeries too.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I do pray for answers and a fast recovery on their findings.
default_wub.png
:
Absolutely!
default_wub.png
:

:no: Oh Kay. Life sure is a roller-coaster; believe me, I know. You and your husband are in my thoughts. Take care of each other...as I'm sure you are.

Oh Kay, I am so sorry. I hope now this new news, maybe they can get something done that will help him. I know it must be a very tough and trying time for your family. HUGS to all.

Kay---omg, why didn't you call? I don't get by here much and today I just happened to decide to cruise through and see what was going on and I see this. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Please call if you need to talk, or anything at all.

Tami

HI Kay

I had a feeling something was going on but didn't want to intrude, so I am glad you posted to share.

It's at times like these I am glad that we are in the 21st century. I'm sure the doctors can handle this and before you know it, everything there will be back to normal .

Kay waiting is going to be the hardest. Please know Warren and I are praying really hard that

the mri finds something that will be easily fixed.

Take the time you need for the kids and Rusty and especially time for yourself. You are a very

active energetic person so slowing down may be just a tad hard for you.

Take care of yourself and know all of us are willing to help in any way we can.

Gini

Latest posts

Back