Update on Fancy....not good

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyn_j

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]The Chem profile on fancy is back showing very high liver enzymes... she has somehow been poisoned ..... There are no red maple trees here.... she was out with 4 other mares none of whom are showing signs of anything amiss..... please continue to pray for her as we treat her more agressively. Felt the baby move today so that is a plus... she seems a bit better today not as much chewing.... eating grass when I take her out... etc but with her bloodwork as bad as it is we need all the prayer support we can get.[/SIZE]

Thanks in advance.

Lyn

oh lyn i was so hoping one of us would get GOOD news. Im sending tons of prayers for you, your mare and future foal.

Kay

I'm so sorry it wasn't better news, I will keep you all in my prayers, Kathy

Oh my goodness, how scarey. Please keep us updated, and let us know if you find out what she got into. Prayers for a full recovery coming Fancy's way.

My thoughts and prayers are being sent to Fancy and her baby!! I hope they will both be alright.

:no: :eek: OH LYN THATS AWFUL,I REALY HOPE SHE TURNS THE CORNER,AND GETS BETTER SOON,YOU MUST BE WORRIED SICK {{{HUGS}}}} :no:

[SIZE=14pt]Lyn,[/SIZE]

Sending more prayers your way. Good that you felt the foal move. At least thats a plus in the right direction.

With all these prayers she's got to pull through!!!

Hugs to you and Fancy and the foal.

Joyce

Prayers, prayers and more prayers for Fancy and you too Lyn....
default_wub.png
:

Oh Lyn, I am so sorry to hear that. Do you think maybe you had better blood test your other mares? Possibly they may have the same thing but not as bad. You might be able to catch and cure it early if they do.

You and Fancy are in my prayers.

Ginny

Have my fingers crossed here! Keep a look out for Hyperlipemia, Lyn! With your girl being pregnant with

Liver problems, that's always a worry.....

MA

[SIZE=14pt]The Chem profile on fancy is back showing very high liver enzymes... she has somehow been poisoned ..... There are no red maple trees here.... she was out with 4 other mares none of whom are showing signs of anything amiss..... please continue to pray for her as we treat her more agressively. Felt the baby move today so that is a plus... she seems a bit better today not as much chewing.... eating grass when I take her out... etc but with her bloodwork as bad as it is we need all the prayer support we can get.[/SIZE]

Thanks in advance.

Lyn
[SIZE=14pt]Lyn, is there any chance your feed may have corn contaminated with aflatoxin? there was a report about the dog-food recalls with the contaminated corn by-products in the south-east part of the country. I'd recommend that your feed be tested right away, if only to eliminate it. [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Lyn sorry to hear this news.

If you are still feeding

BOSS you may want to check that. I've read in the past where it can harbour some black mold in the drying process that can easily go undetected to the human eye without a microscope. I do hope you find out what has happened and Fancy has a speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear about your mare... we will keep you in our prayers.

Good luck finding out what the poison is.

- The Fry Family

[SIZE=14pt]Thanks everyone. Fancy still doesnt want to eat anything but grass during hand grazing.... She was not on the BOSS only the show horses.... Also she wasnt on the sweet feed that the show horses are on either. She and the other 4 mares have been in that same lot for going on 5 years.... nothing new there.... We are wondering if the ulcers brought on the not wanting to eat and then the lack of carbs cauased her to burn fat...hyperlipemia.... we cant figure out the diarrhea tho. That started sunday.... She has not eaten nor been anywhere that some of the other horses not been and she is the only one sick. We will probably check the other mares anyway but none of them have gone off their feed.. Fancy came to me 4 years ago in a compromised state of health so I imagine it doesnt take much for her to get all messed up.[/SIZE]

Today she has spent more time up than down... she is getting her yogurt, activated fiber, meds, and as soon as we find some panacur we are going to double dose her for 5 days... Vet says that it has a liver healing property somehow.... I had never heard that before. The vets I have are very good , their whole clinic is excellent.

Lyn

[SIZE=14pt] I am so sorry for your mare Lyn. Sending prayers your way. [/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back