Update on Fancy....not good

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=18pt]Lyn, [/SIZE]

I'm so sorry to here about Fancy's bloodwork! Sending lots of prayers your way!

Bill

[SIZE=14pt]On No Lyn,,,[/SIZE]

The unknown is the hardest part. Worrying about what it is. I am sorry this is going on. Wish I could help. You always help me when I need it. Keeping you in our thoughts.

[SIZE=14pt]Lyn, I've always liked Fancy from pictures and I am keeping you and her in my prayers.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Well.....from lack of her having access to anything "toxic"....It does sound like Hyperlipemia may be the cause of the liver damage.
default_sad.png
I hope & pray that Fancy & her unborn foal will come thru this OK, Lyn.[/SIZE]

Keeping your all in my prayers.

Lyn,

Hugs and prayers coming for you, Fancy and her unborn foal!

Hoping and praying for a complete recovery.

Adding my prayers for Fancy's speedy recovery and delivering a healthy foal. Good luck Lyn, I know you'll stay on top of it.

[SIZE=14pt]Just came in from bed(stall) check.... Fancy has had 60 ccs of aloe juice, 30 cc of yogurt and some orchard grass hay and she was up eating when I just checked. Im hoping that the aloe will soothe her stomach and that somehow the diarrhea will stop. She drank about 1/4 bucket of water since 4 which I think is good. She has much more life it seems today than yesterday. She whinnied to Barry when he brought the hay to the barn... I will pray without ceasing believing that God will heal her.... he has done it for me before with a baby that ran into a tree and stopped breathing, I thought he broke his neck... some of you might remember Prince from a few years ago...... I am pleading the blood of Jesus for my little mare tonight.... Will keep you all posted. She spent almost all day up and browsing the yard...still wont touch the grain tho...[/SIZE]

Thanks for the e mails, phone calls and best wishes for her recovery.

Lyn

Good thoughts for finding a a cause and hopefully a quick recovery.

Prayers for little Fancy being sent. Wishing for a better tomorrow.
default_yes.gif
:

Lyn, I'm praying for your Fancy! I'm glad she seems to be feeling a little better. {{{Hugs}}}

[SIZE=14pt]Heck we'll Fed Ex panacur if you need it - aloe is a great idea - we're praying too. Thank goodness she is with you - it would be her only chance and too many folks wouldn't have been so good at taking care of her. You're a great mini Mom!!!!
default_wub.png
: [/SIZE]

Lyn talk to your vet about hyperlipemia and see if that is indicated in the bloodwork! If it is the biggest thing is getting them eating at all costs. I had a mare develop it two years ago and they went out of their way trying to keep her eating, offering her anything and everything possible. My mare also developed really loose stools. We're not sure the origional reason for her developing the hyperlipemia but it set in REALLY quickly with her loss of appetite.

krisp

So sorry to hear u got some not good news from the tests. Sure hope she pulls out of it ok. Jen

(I'm so sorry the chem report was more favorable for your Fancy. I'm praying that they will discover the origin of her illness and that she will make a successful recovery and that her foal will be safe.

Lyn, I am also sorry to hear about your beloved mare. May she be back to normal real soon. Best of luck. Bless you.

Sending my prayers to you and your Fancy. Love to you and your baby. FLFlyingW/Donna

So sorry to hear this Lyn, has she indeed been checked for hyperlipemia?

We had a mare with that last summer (high liver enzymes, and an undiagnosed infection). She was one month post foaling and stressed if her baby wasn't right with her, so weaning wasn't possible as we were afraid that would throw her back into hyperlipemia. Sonnet dropped 50 lbs in in seemed a matter of days.

The vets weren't sure she was going to make it even when she came home, and that was their thing - keep her eating. As we had her on antibiotics it was important to monitor for diarrhea and keep her eating.

We gave her free choice green grass, shaken alfalfa leaf, soft grass hay, Equine Junior and Folac pellets. her appetite was zero for the longest time, she would just nibble but we just kept encouraging her. It was really hard as her baby was taking so much out of her, but the alternative of weaning and the stress - it was hard - so we fed them both alot. Sonnet and Comet literally lived in our backyard for over a month, and took three months to put back in the herd. They're fine now, but the first few days I was sure we'd find Sonnet dead and have an orphan to raise.

We'll keep Fancy in our thoughts and prayers.

Latest posts

Back