Update on Faith Creek Ranch and BIL...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Karen~

Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for your comments and advice and sharing your personal experiences with me. It really helped me to feel confident in the way I was feeling. I have had several talks with my husband, Paul, in short bursts (he seems to glean more from it that way for some reason, and he is now understanding my concerns FINALLY! I noticed this morning that the limb lines are gone, and Larry wasn't around, at least not while I was there. Larry was also getting frustrated because about as soon as his line was thrown out, a turtle would strip the hook of the bait! God has His ways, doesn't He, ha-ha! Shame on me for not trusting that God would take care of it, but I guess I wasn't really expecting him to because of the feelings I was experiencing just wasn't quite lined up with what God wants. Anyways, I still have to find the time to find and buy some buckets or big pots and ready them for ciggerrets and I am hoping that my message will set Larry straight, at least every time he has a cig. he won't help but know what is expected. I will keep voicing my concerns about fires to Paul though when it comes to the ground, and the pollution it causes in the lake. I think that the nail was hit right on the head when a reply was made that Paul probably doesn't want to confront his brother because he doesn't want to get his family turning their backs on us. I always feel the same. He only has his brothers and sisters as far as blood family goes, like me, I only have 2 sisters and a mom left in my blood family. Still, it's no excuse to put their behavior above my desires. I feel that this situation is slowly getting worked out, at least I do hope so, and I really appreciate you all letting me vent to you, it really really helped. You all are great! Thank you so much! {{{HUGS}}}

~Karen

Here is another very scary thought about those smokes. Many barn fires have been started by birds picking up the butts to line nests and the butts are still hot. :new_shocked:

WOW! Never thought about that! That is a god point to make. I'll relay that thought to Paul. I bet it will be a real eye opener for him.

Paul told me a couple days ago that he had some bad, scary news to tell me. I thought he may have seen a bear by our house. He said no, even worse. He was told by the neighbor that during hunting season people WILL come out hunting on everyones property. Several tried to stop it one year by hanging no trespassing, no hunting signs and running fences. Then law called when people hunted anyways. People property around there were set afire!!!! He said it was really bad. So people have just left the hunters alone since then. That is such a scary thought to think! We are going to put up all of the signs AND hang Children at Play signs all over the place. I sure hope this works. It's sad that people can't be respectful. What is it with people?!

~Karen

I'm happy things seem to be starting to work out for you. Thinking of you and sending good thoughts.
default_wub.png
:

I am so glad to hear that Paul is finally getting it. I didn't think he'd come around this quick.

Something to think about.....if there's turtles, they could be snappers. Be extra watchful when your kids are outside. Make sure they understand not to go near a turtle on your property.

It sounds to me like your state is very lax when it comes to laws concerning fishing and hunting. If somebody here is caught hunting where they shouldn't be, they'll be tossed right in jail. Of course there are still some problems, but usually not for long. All you have to do here is call the cops and/or call Fish and Game.

HMMMM I think there might be a snake in the woodpile........... I bet your husband heard that from brother Larry and that bunch?????

Bet Larry already has designs on the deer on your land and he would surmise that "you" might be for putting up No Hunting signs. SO lets scare the heck out of her before she thinks of doing it. Ask around and tell hubby I want to know exactly whose house was burned and when and was it rebuilt and well you know ask for very specific information.

I have to wonder if this is nothing but a scare tactic on certain peoples part........

The fire chief could sure tell you if this has happened.Ask if there have been many unexplained or set fires around the town.
default_yes.gif
:

Bonnie

Back