Update from Feeding Fescue Hay and Foaling issues

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donna

Reaction score
I wanted to let everyone know that has been praying for my mares and their foals that we have had Three Fillies and all have been delivered with NO RED BAGS and No real problems. The Equitox was given in time to reverse the affects of Fescue in regards to the milk Production. I have had to supplement two babies with bought Colostrum as the mares milk was borderline on the Colostrum Refractometer.

I have had to cut one umbilical cord, as the Fescue causes thickening of the Placenta and cord, but all in all, every BEAUTIFUL baby girl is up and running around and doing fine.

We still have 7 more to go, so keep up the prayers, I will get pics when I can, I am just trying to catch up on sleep, I NEED SLEEP!

Love you all, Donna

I'm so glad to hear the happy news!!!! Hope everything goes well with the remaining foals.

:aktion033: Congratulations on 3 healthy fillies!! :aktion033:

:aktion033: HAPPY DANCE! :risa8: :aktion033:
default_yes.gif
: Good News Indeed! Enjoy those babies! :488:

Yay!! Congratulations. I will pray for all the rest to be healthy and uneventful. Sweet dreams!!

That is great news and congrats on 3 fillys. And i know exactly what you mean by needing sleep. I will keep praying the 7 more mares foal just as smooth. Aubrey

Great new, thank for the update. It seems to me the others will doing well also

Sleep well Donna

Anita

Your hard work of watching and doing your very best under the circumstances is paying off. And

the prayers help too!!!! Will keep you and your mares in my thoughts.

Freida

Congratulations. :aktion033: :aktion033: For those of us in a fescue area it is so scary to buy any kind of hay that we are told is fescue free. Domperidone (Equitox) is a miracle drug and I am so thankful it has saved your babies. Prayers coming your way for those little girls to grow up to be beautiful healthy mommies someday.

Judy

Woo-hoo!!! :aktion033: I was so worried, I know someone who had to foal out an entire herd of mares that had been pastured on fescue all year and they lost most of the foals. SO glad that you caught yours in time and medicated and have LIVE FOALS.
default_wub.png
: Congratulations!

Donna, so glad to read that you've had 2 more healthy fillies since we last "talked."

Rita

Last edited by a moderator:
That is wonderful news, Donna!!! Congratulations. I will continue to keep you and your mares in my thoughts. Now...where are the pictures of these little beauties??
default_smile.png

Jodi

Woo-hoo!! :risa8: That is so great to hear!! I've been wondering about your girls. Can't wait to see pics!
default_wub.png
:

Donna, praise God! Now where are the pics of those little girls!!! I need to send my mares to amelia to get bred since we seem to make only boys here!

Lyn

Oh, I am so happy for you! Three beautiful girls! How precious! Glad the prayers are working and you figured out the resolution in time.

Back