Udder development?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Molly wouldn't let me check her udders this am or get right up behind her. Just wanted to show an updated picture. She has normal feeding behaviors. We're at day 331! I'll be putting her back in her area by this evening unless I see any signs of labor sooner.
Really pretty mare! Keep watching close even if she isn't showing many signs or any at all. Our mare didn't show any signs besides udder. Was still eating like she usually does and acting completely normal! The only thing i noticed was she was pooping more frequent the day of. But before she foaled she was showing all the signs of getting ready. Belly dropped, and butt was super jiggly.

Last edited:
No... I'm starting to wonder if her days are off. The last time that we noticed her in heat and that she was exposed was August 4-7. I was telling my husband that maybe she cycled one time after that and we just missed it... Today would make her 333 days.
Got a baby yet? :)

Yay big congrats on the arrival . Totally worth the wait , she’s adorable
Give her plenty of room to move around and she will straighten out .

No... I'm starting to wonder if her days are off. The last time that we noticed her in heat and that she was exposed was August 4-7. I was telling my husband that maybe she cycled one time after that and we just missed it... Today would make her 333 days.
Anything new? :)

New question, when do you start disciplining the little ones? Little Lily is a week old now and has started throwing her little butt around and kicking.

I really think I missed her cycling one more time last year. I thought we had kept good records but she is just now starting to develop a bag. If we went from what we originally thought was her due date , she'd be 343 days. If I go by when she would have cycled next, she'd be at day 320 now. I just don't know but trying to look closely for signs.

Attachments

• 20190712_190156.jpg
    20190712_190156.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190712_190037.jpg
    20190712_190037.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190712_185953.jpg
    20190712_185953.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190712_185313.jpg
    20190712_185313.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 7
I really think I missed her cycling one more time last year. I thought we had kept good records but she is just now starting to develop a bag. If we went from what we originally thought was her due date , she'd be 343 days. If I go by when she would have cycled next, she'd be at day 320 now. I just don't know but trying to look closely for signs.
Got a baby yet? If not she looks pretty close! :)

Latest posts

Back