Two days smoke free!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cat_in_the_hat72

Reaction score
I had been a smoker for 15 yrs. Started at a very young and naive age. Last week I had finally had enough. I was up to almost 2 packs a day. With the help of my nicotine gum I have survived two days without a smoke. Even with hubby still smoking I have been able to stay strong. I have tried to quit before but always caved. It seems different this time as except for a few thoughts I have not even wanted to smoke. I have a whole different mind set. The past times I have tried I always told everyone I was "trying" to quit. I just couldn't commit. Now I tell everyone that I have quit. Remind myself several times a day that I am a non-smoker now. Sorry to ramble on but I just had to share my success with you all. I look forward to many more smoke free days. :bgrin

:aktion033: YAY...CONGRATULATIONS! I wish you many, many, many smoke-free years! It really sounds like you are READY to quit this time, and they say that makes all the difference. If you are not ready, and wanting to quit for other reasons, it is often not enough. I am very happy for you, and wish you the best of luck, and strength to carry on. GOOD FOR YOU! KEEP IT UP, and STAY STRONG!
default_yes.gif
:

Congratulations!

I have never smoked, but know that it is hard to quit.

I admire you and encourage you.

Best wishes and keep up the great work!

Liz M.

Way to go!!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

You have now gotten through the worst of the withdrawal, after two weeks it will get even easier.

Congrats! You can do it! Stay strong. I'm a smoker...been smoking over 20 years. I've quit a couple times...once for almost a year, it is so hard. It is true, once you get your mind set, it's easier, I just can't seem to get to that point though!

brenda im so happy for you!!! I really need to quit but i cant do it in the middle of mare stare :new_shocked: im anxious enough lol

WHOOO HOOOO!!! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Keep it up! You CAN do it! I'm so proud of you!!!

You are right, it is the mind set.
default_yes.gif
: I did not tell myself I could not smoke, I said I don't do that any more. And I didn't. I know you can do this too!!! You are awesome!

YAY great for you!!!!!!!!!! Now I will give u some great motivation. My husband started smoking at 12 years old and smoked a LOT. At 51 he was having terrible pain in 1 leg. But being a stubborn man he would not go to the Dr. Finally it hurt so bad he could not even work anymore and was kept awake at night in pain. I had to literally drag him to the Dr. Due to smoking the arteries to both legs were closing and 1 leg was totally clogged and he was about to lose 1 leg!!!!!!!!!!! To save the leg Paul just had MAJOR surgery. They had to use plastic tubing and graft it from the better leg all through his body and bypass the closed artery to bad leg. The tubing then went down the worst leg to the knee. But once they got into the surgery they found that leg was much worse than even the tests showed and had to go hunting to find other blood vessels in his body they could take and transplant to the lower leg. The 4 hour surgery ended up being more like 8 hours. The Dr. finally came out to tell me he still was not sure the leg could be saved, that sure was not what I expected to hear. Paul had 80 staples everywhere from all around his groin all the way down that leg, OUCH!!! The lower leg is still not getting great circulation and Paul is having more testing but the horrible pain in his foot/leg is gone so it must be working fairly well.

Since this happened I cant tell u how many people have told me similar stories only many have had 1 or both legs AMPUTATED just from smoking. Or they had the surgery like Paul had or had to have 1 leg amputated and surgery in the other. Paul has QUIT SMOKING praise God!!! He now says he was so stupid to smoke all those years. We all hear that cigarettes cause cancer and heart attacks but I had no clue about them making people lose their legs. His surgeon says he has to amputate legs all the time and the only thing that clogs femoral arteries the way Pauls were is cigarettes. So please try your best and keep off those cigarettes!!

Congrats, keep up the good work. It will get easier everyday. It's been 1 yr. yesterday since I quit, doesn't seem that long though. It does get easier. I just recently noticed how bad I must of smelled as a smoker.

Leslie

Thanks for the support everyone. Another day down as a non smoker. I still have my weak moments, like after I eat or sitting in front of the computer. Course it is so much easier to type without a smoke in one hand and dropping ashes all over the keyboard. I know I will succeed this time, I just had to be ready. It really got to the point where smoking was such a part of my identity and I felt I was loosing something. I came to realize That being a non smoker was a much better identity than being a smoker. I feel strong and confidant.

Great job!

I don't know if you have kids or not, but when I was about 13 my parents quit smoking. I was so happy! I hated it. To this day, I'm so thankful they saved me from having to live with that.

So, if you do have kids, keep thinking your doing it for their sake, they'll thank you. I know my allergies got better and had less sinus problems when they quit.

And if you do have kids, maybe with luck they won't have to be like and watch their mother die of lung cancer. It was awful.

One thing that helped me was to 'smoke' bic pens or carrots.

Latest posts

Back