Two 2010 babies have arrived

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

are COLTS?????

So, what happened? He use up all his filly sperm with his last owner???? Counting the one that had to be euthanized and the one aborted at 7.5 months, that makes 3 colts, 1 filly. Hmmmm....me thinks it's time for a talk with Mr. Spirit.

But here are the boys:

This one is owned by me, out of my mare Goldie (a daughter of Dell Teras Gold Plated). She also gave me Star and Scarlet and is one of my favorite mares. Just a beauty in my opinion. She is 20 this year and will be bred back to Spirit before he leaves for Oklahoma. I estimate he'll mature at 31" and is already a total @#*$&! All boy, that's for sure. He was born at 350 days gestation and was FULLY cooked! I mean muscle and everything. Came out ready to stand, nurse and poop!
default_laugh.png
In that order. Kicked the heck out of me when I dipped his stump!
default_new_shocked.gif
No name yet. Pictured at about 14 hours old. (check out Goldie's chin hairs
default_new_shocked.gif
I swear some are 5" long!)

2010_0419(015).jpg

And this one is owned by Barbara Johannes of St. Louis, MO. His dam is a daughter of my mare Butter. He is about 4 days old in this picture. He doesn't live at my place so this is not my farm but have permission to post.

2010_0416(010).jpg

Four more to go and I'm DONE! Someone, please stick a fork in me!

Oh, and the mare I started watching on FEBRUARY 8TH STILL HASN'T FOALED!!!

Both are beautiful boys!

Love the hairs on Goldie. My stallion has goat hair too, plus a Tina Turner Hairdo, and weird hairs still on the back of his rear legs!!!
default_biggrin.png

Congrats!!! Both are adorable. You still have a few chances for fillies this year. Keeping fingers crossed for you. And didn't I hear somewhere that the best way to get a filly was to sell the mare??? I do hope you get some of your own though!!!

Thank you all very much. You're all very kind.
default_wub.png

Oh my, I love them!!!
default_wub.png
Are the next 4 by Spirit also?
Yes, the next four here are by Spirit and then I have one mare that I own, Butter, that is at WindFlight in TX and she is in foal to Glenns General Patton and due May 18th.

Congrats!!! Both are adorable. You still have a few chances for fillies this year. Keeping fingers crossed for you. And didn't I hear somewhere that the best way to get a filly was to sell the mare??? I do hope you get some of your own though!!!
Well, hopefully Mary you're in luck!
default_laugh.png

But they're such adorable little princes.
default_laugh.png
Okay--waving the filly wand...if that will help. Wave, wave, wave....

You deserve four beautiful fillies to balance things out. I feel it'll happen--well--3/4 anyway.
default_wink.png

Very nice boys, both of them! I'm very happy these days with nice, healthy colts lol (good thing since I have THREE of them so far this year).
default_smile.png

Jan

Congratulations on two handsome little boys -- I love the buckskins
default_wub.png

Anna

Congratulations on two very nice looking colts. I have never had a year yet with more fillies than colts. This year, I have two fillies so far and two more mares due to foal this spring. So, I'm at at least 50% fillies. My best percentage so far.

Very nice looking colts! Congratulations!!
default_wub.png

Congratulations on your new beautiful, buckskin boy! And congrats to the owner of the other colt too! I just went to your website yesterday to see if Classy had foaled yet. Thought I surely had missed your post! LOL I have a maiden mare here that I've been watching for two weeks!! She's at 340 days!

Pam

Latest posts

Back