Twins for Tonja at Mulligans Run???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many many CONGRATULATIONS to all concerned - particularly to Tonja
default_wub.png

Not able to watch for long at a time, I have been checking around 4 times a day on the cams (not easy with the UK timing as I keep seeing empty stalls!) But I did catch little Journey being rejected by his mum - so very sad, bless him. Missed Tonja foaling - typical - but am thrilled to hear the news that she has accepted little Journey - what an amazing mare! Also well done to everyone helping to keep little Journey fed and happy until the adoption could be attempted
default_smile.png

I had noticed that Tonja was a 'head tosser' when food was expected - bet she will be even more impatient now with two little mouths to feed LOL!!

Wishing Tonja and her new babies every success in the future.

Anna

default_wub.png
AW

WHAT A GREAT MARE

ONE COLT IS TRYING TO NURSE FROM THE FRONT
default_biggrin.png

U CAN SEND THEM TO ME
default_biggrin.png

i was wondering why couldn't the mare who lost the foal earilier take the foal in?Having the foal would have help that poor mare bless her heart.

You have a special mare she is a keeper. I love that Tonja.WOW She would work great at my farm.
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What a neat and special mare!! You don't find too many mares that will take another baby - that Tonja is indeed a keeper!

Both babies are sleeping right now without a care in the world - all three look so content!

They certainly look like twins - Mulligans Run you are going to have fun watching those 2 little ones!!

Wow what a story - Tonja DEF gets a mommy of the year award for taking on a 2nd baby - way to go!

Look forward to checking back to see how all 3 are doing

Wow, what an amazing story!! That is wonderful that this mare will mother them both! Mulligans Run, I understand what you are going through with the mare who rejected the foal.... my next door neighbors cow rejected it's calf, not once but twice - her first and second calf (mama is now in the freezer as we speak) and even being experienced with cattle, we tried to confine her and let the calf nurse, then even tried to milk her out to bottle feed the calf (she is a beef cow, not used to being milked at all) and it became so dangerous for all involved, the calf was bottle fed formula. I thought that cow was going to kill us all and got worse instead of better every time. Luckily for the first calf, this cows old mama had just had her calf weaned and had not dried up and took her granddaughter right on and raised her.

Hope you little mama and the two babies do fine- sounds like things are going well though- that is so great!!

She was only on the sales page to appease a family member (hubby) but she is being removed and will not be for sale. She is an asset to our farm and will remain here.

We pulled an IGG on Traveller (Tonja's colt) to make sure he received all the colostrum he needs and he passed with flying colors.

There have been a few comments about Journey being stronger. We must remember Journey is 2 days older than Traveller and a bit more advanced. In a oouple days they should be matched in size and abilities.

We appreciate you joining us in the barn.

I wanted to say Thank you for letting us come watch them - its really amazing to see the little miracle of her taking on an orphan.

I also am praying that your going thru a routine check up and that both are still doing well, your in my thoughts and prayers for them to thrive.

Is something going on with Traveller? Have him covered with blanket?? Hope everythingg is Okay.

They have had what I believe is a vet in with them for about an hour or so - shortly before I posted a bit ago - and then the cam went down.

Still praying for both to thrive and do well. Having babies is not always easy
default_no.gif

hugs and good thoughts to Mulligans Run folks

I hope all is going well with the 2 bubs & mum. Hubby & I have been watching them. What a BEAUTIFUL, loving mare you have
default_wub.png

Karen

Lai Lai Miniatures

Please don't panic
default_smile.png

Traveller had minor surgery to his eyes. His eyelids were rolling under so they had to be tacked up. In order to do this he had to be sedated.

He has been raspy since he was born and it's getting worse, so he's on antibiotics and probios for his tummy.

We are monitering them very closely, and will keep you updated.

Thanks for watching

Thanks for the update!! I(actually the girls at work also) get such a kick out of watching these two...what a joy!
default_wub.png

Thanks for update.

I think these two need to stay on camera we can watch them grow
default_biggrin.png

They are so cute.

You have a great mare
default_wub.png

I was just now peeking in at the boys to see how they're doing and I didn't see one... so I came here to find an update and you had just posted one.
default_laugh.png
Must be the other lil one is nursing out of sight. They sure look healthy--and what a wonderful mare.
default_wub.png

default_wub.png
aw

what a great mare

thanks for the update.

I love this mare. She has sure cute boys.

What a blessing she is.

keep us posted

I love the photo you posted.so sweet.

Latest posts

Back