Trouble in Paradise

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi*

Reaction score
My Grandma left for Lake Havasue yesterday and her friend called me today saying that she had to bring my Grandma's dog, Lady back. She said that she didn't know she wasn't allowed to have pets in her rental
default_wacko.png
I have no idea how someone wouldn't know that but that was her excuse. So she dropped Lady off this afternoon. Now my Dad has lost it!!!!!! He is SO MAD and fuming!!!!!! It's a long story about my father and how he is. He is really hard to deal with. My husband and I are the only ones that really know how to deal with him and make him half way tolerable. He isn't nice to most people and for some reason he HATES LADY. He keeps threatening to go out and SHOOT
default_new_shocked.gif
her!!!!!! I am getting really mad at him and I think his behavior is ridiculous. Now I have to try and find her a new home quick!!!! I posted her on craigslist again and I also called the SPCA but they were closed so I emailed them. I will also call again on Monday. This is just really stressing me out!!!!!!
default_no.gif
To top it off, when I told my Grandma that Lady was back, she sounded kind of happy about it. She offered to pay me to take care of her while she is on vacation. I told her that wasn't necessary and that I would do my best. Keeping her obviously isn't an option. MY FATHER IS GOING CRAZY and I think he just might drag me with him
default_wacko.png
I am going to look for rescues and do everything I can to get her out of here as soon as possible. I hope I can find her a home, otherwise I just don't know what will happen to her. This is my Dad's property and my husband and I live in the house with my Dad. My Grandma has a mobile home out back. It's just really complicated
default_sad.png

tell him like I do my dad when we have a fight. " you better be nice to me or your going to have to depend on your daughter-n-law to wipe your butt when you get old". He doesn't like her and she doesn't like him so that usually shuts him up. LOL. May not work for you.

Any chance you could find a friend or a kennel to board Lady until grandma gets back to claim her dog?

Jan

Bummer Brandi that you are between them on this. I hope you find somewhere for Lady since your dad doesnt want her on his place...

I agree with wildoak, can you put her somewhere til Grandma gets back? Or is it not gonna work with Dad?

I dont envy you being in this position!!

Even if my Grandma gets back, it still won't work. It will cause even more problems between them. It's so stupid. I wish my Grandma could have moved into a nice mobile home park instead because at least she wouldn't have to put up with his crap!!!! He isn't nice to her
default_no.gif
PLease pray that I can find Lady a home soon

I feel so bad for that poor dog. Brandi, can you turn on the tears for your dad and start begging and groveling or something? Does herbal tea work on him at all????????? Tell him to calm down it's only a dog.......tell him Lady is mans best friend!
default_yes.gif

default_sad.png
What a crummy situation. I feel so bad for you to be in that position. Lady is such a pretty dog too.I wish you good luck for this to be resolved happily.

Your Dad sounds an awful lot like mine...my Dad is a great man when you can get through the surface of a nasty, mean, grumpy, I'm always right, egotistical, pessimistic old man (I could go on more)! Only his family knows how great he is, although he rarely shows us, but we love him all the same. He is often horrible to my Mother and I don't know why she just doesn't divorce him sometimes! Anyhow, do you live with your Dad? Your place or his? If this is your place, put your foot down and that's the end of it. If it's his place I really don't know what to tell you and can only wish you the best, as well as Lady. Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back