Training for Driving

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccjwiese

Reaction score
The vet has given me the Ok to start breaking my filly (she has just recovered from founder) to drive. Where do I start? I plan on getting some videos/books, but would like some advice to start off with. I don't plan on putting her in a cart for quite a while, but would like some ideas as to where to start on ground driving her. I also have a gelding that I will be starting, too. What equipment do I need to start out with for ground breaking.

Thanks.

Carol W.

There are some really good books out there for driving. I know my friend Cindy trained her HOF stallion in driving all from a book. If you would like to email me I can tell you what book it is and where to get it. [email protected]

Carol, there is a good driving book out by Doris Ganton I think the name is and it is excellent to read when you are starting out. I have the book here somewhere so I will check to make sure I have the right name. Maybe someone on the Forum here will know if I have the name correct before I find the book.

Good luck with Breeze and glad to here she's done so well.

Joyce

Latest posts

Back