trainers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which trainer do you like best?

• pat parelli

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • clinton anderson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
default_shutup.gif
: :no:
default_thumbdown.gif
: You didn't give us the Oh Heck No option!
default_shutup.gif
:

I have met both of them and am not a fan of either. I have strong opinions but for the sake of not being sued, I will hold my tongue. I like John Lyons much better.

Of the choices I like Clinton. I prefer trainers like Ray Hunt, John Lyons and a trainer out of Canada that I met a few years ago.

JOHN LYONS!

...i dont like Pet Parelli. I watch him on RFD-TV way to much (he's always on) and i just think he puts to much 'crap' into his training. My opinion though ..

Lyons isnt on FRD-TV much anymore. He is my faverit trainer, i saw him working with a weanling one time and i just love his mothods. Also he seems like a nice guy on his website and works his passion for horses into his religion. He has all tpyes of religious quotes about horses, his son is a good trainer to!

If i had to pick from either of those, i'd pick clinton anderson though because he is a good trainer even though he isnt my faverit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every successful trainer I know.......and I mean trainers that can win consistantly on a National level (not your back yard trainer) has their own style that they have developed. They have taken bits of knowledge from their peers that work for them. None of which has come from those listed above.

Reminds me of a big so called "trainer" and I use the term very loosely
default_rolleyes.gif
: , that said he could saddle and ride a "wild mustang" :lol: in 3 days! This was on television. Well the training consisted of chasing this so called wild mustang for three days (the big trainer changed horses) and then he finally roped the big wild horse who was now nearly dead from exhaustion and put a saddle on it and rode it. I have never seen such a disgusting display of horsemanship. A real joke. People actually think this guy is good? :new_shocked: Unbelievable!

heck NO to both.

Parelli's "program" is actually just common sense. I was working with a horse and an avid student of Parelli's commented that it looked like I was playing Parelli's games with the horse. Um, no. At the time, I'd never heard of Parelli. After, I researched him and really was not impressed.

Parelli was in our area awhile ago and the horse he used for demos was one I had personally been around. I don't think it's much of a challenge to work with a horse who is already a world champion, who is so quiet and sweet (despite retaining his testicles) that a child could easily handle him. I mean, sheesh, if you call yourself a horse trainer, at least work with a horse who actually NEEDS training - not one where the work is already done for you!

If I were to choose a trainer I admire, I would say Ray Hunt and Tom and Bill Dorrance. They are the original masters and actually have "street cred" to back up their knowledge.

I always think it's unfortunate when another "trainer" comes on the market and takes advantage of horse owners who just don't know any better.

John Lyons as a trainer/person. I also do like Parellis program although yes it is just common sense, some people do not have the common sense and need someone else to tell them what common sense is. LOL And I would not use nor affiliate myself with Clinton Anderson if he paid me!!! Not enough money in his pocket to get me to even acknowledge him as a professional. I met him so I speak from experience on this.

Every successful trainer I know.......and I mean trainers that can win consistantly on a National level (not your back yard trainer) has their own style that they have developed. They have taken bits of knowledge from their peers that work for them. None of which has come from those listed above.

Reminds me of a big so called "trainer" and I use the term very loosely
default_rolleyes.gif
: , that said he could saddle and ride a "wild mustang" :lol: in 3 days! This was on television. Well the training consisted of chasing this so called wild mustang for three days (the big trainer changed horses) and then he finally roped the big wild horse who was now nearly dead from exhaustion and put a saddle on it and rode it. I have never seen such a disgusting display of horsemanship. A real joke. People actually think this guy is good? :new_shocked: Unbelievable!

Hmmm wonder who you are referring too?
default_rolleyes.gif
: I went to see him, what a JOKE!!!!!! What an even bigger idiot too. His 'untouched horse' was clipped and set up as in a halter class everytime it stopped.

I am not big into clinicians, I feel that they can do more harm then good. Make newbies think that all they need to properly and safely train any horse is a 'carrot stick' and a round pen. oh well

Of the 2 listed, I like Clinton more. Pat seems like he is entirely too proud of himself and can be rather annoying to watch.

Latest posts

Back