Trailering a mini with a larger horse.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingsLuckyNight

Reaction score
I've got a mare that hates trailer loading in our two horse. She will not get in unless another horse is in there. And sometimes not even then, it takes us 3 or 4 tries to get her in. I've got to take her to the vet for coggins and a few shots. She's going to the barrel trainer next month. She knows my mini very well they're pals. But the thing is, in my trailer we have a seperation bar nothing else. So is there anyway I could tie him or make shift build a bored accrossed the middle of the trailer to add another center piece so he can't move over?

That's what I meant, is like there anyway I could make a soild thingy so he wouldn't move over. But I'm not sure what to use.

I made a quick divider once in my stock trailer to haul minis I needed separated. I used a pipe gate (8ft) and made it solid with a piece of plywood.

My husband made a center divider in our ice house/ trailer out of 2x4 and plywood it bolts in. I want to make a better one when he has time.

We made a divider in my 2 horse using a cattle panel&cut it with bolt cutters.It can be moved but a Mini still has plenty or room even if the big horse pushes it over,.Works well for us and is in my trailer all the time.

Would she haul ok if you took the mini out after you had her loaded?

Jan

That's a good idea to try as long as you can get her back in at the vet's... It might work at least until something is built.

Back