Tornado Information Every Livestock Owner Should Think About

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcwallis

Reaction score
Hearing our weatherman talk about the sever weather risk through the central part of the US, it makes me want to share some things to think about again....

I have a lessons learned on the tornado page on our website: www.moondancehorsefarm.com

Be sure you check your insurance and make sure everything is covered that you want covered!

Make a backup plan for truck and trailer

Just a few of the lessons learned..

Lynda

Tornado 052411.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you mind if I posted your tornado information website on my facebook account and on some MO and IL mini facebook accounts. I think it has a lot of information and many of us would not think of and this is the season--sad as that is. So sorry for your losses in that horrific few minutes. Angie

Would you mind if I posted your tornado information website on my facebook account and on some MO and IL mini facebook accounts. I think it has a lot of information and many of us would not think of and this is the season--sad as that is. So sorry for your losses in that horrific few minutes. Angie
Thank you Angie.. I would LOVE for you to post it anywhere you can... These are things we never thought of and I'd like to share with as many people as I can... I will be offering free seminars on this subject if mini clubs around here want me to.

Sorry for your losses! Thank you for sharing this info!

Thank you Angie.. I would LOVE for you to post it anywhere you can... These are things we never thought of and I'd like to share with as many people as I can... I will be offering free seminars on this subject if mini clubs around here want me to.
I posted on my facebook wall and on several facebook groups as well. I urge everyone else that reads this to post wherever they can. If it saves only one person from some heartache it will have been worth it.

Thank you Lynda for such wonderful information.

Excellent information! Living where we do we see our fair share of this type of weather. Thanks for the info.

Thanks, glad to share... I hope to give people something to think about..

So sorry for your losses. I am speechless with the destruction that was done and the horror the horses had to go through. Your list is something everyone should read if they live in the tornado areas.

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

Thanks for this post. So sorry you had to go through this. We had a tornado less than a mile from here on Friday March 2nd. I hadn't thought of a lot of this.

Thanks for sharing this, and so very sorry you had to learn this the hard way. I also learn some things from my cousins who learned kind of the hard way from a dryer fire from a second floor laundry. Everything on the first and second floor was lost from smoke and water damage. He at least as an insurance adjuster knew to itemize EVERYTHING including underwear and socks and kept good records. Something I never thought of, and still haven't attended to and have this new trailer sitting down at the barn not transferred yet, been putting off the pain of the sales taxes and increased insurance but this time of year I need that insurance!

I too will share your story and hope it saves others. Unlike most people our house is very well armed so no problem having something to put an animal down but I know that isn't typical.

Latest posts

Back