Time to Think About Disaster Preparedness!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcwallis

Reaction score
With severe weather season right around the corner for many of us it's time to make a plan and be prepared for something that will hopefully never happen!

Check out my Tornado link to see some of our suggestions:

www.moondancehorsefarm.com/Tornado.html

Here are the most important ones:

* Review you insurance policy and understand what and what is not covered.

* Make a video or photo inventory of your house. If you are really ambitious go all out and document your home inventory. You have to account for everything lost with insurance and if you have pictures or video it will help you remember and be proof if they ask.

Plan! Be Safe....

L:)

As we head into Spring, this is good info to have. Have a plan! Be safe!

We had 2 twisters almost get us last year (still have hail damage and 3 broken windows and downed trees)

I always used to feel relatively safe from tordados here in connecticut, but we've had several touch down here and right over the mass line over the last two years. Not to mention the hurricanes and blizzards that have nearly destroyed my cow barn. I like marsha's fly mask idea. Im thinking if I have enough warning, my best shot at survival would be to take cover in the old milking parlour pit. I dont have a basement because I live in a mobile home. Which according to my friends makes me a magnet for tonadoes. I used to always joke saying..." my house is on wheels...if a tornado comes I'll just move it out of the way" Now its not so funny that they're so close to home.

Latest posts

Back