Top 12 Reasons People Voted Democrat in 2008

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jill I have NEVER assigned you any view points that you have not stated yourself. Just post a quote where I did that, were I said you meant something that you did not. Everysingle time I have ASKED you to clairify and you refuse to every single time.

The irony of the this entire thing, after re reading your list, is that is exactly what you did that started this entire thing. You posted a list that is full of assumptions of democrats view points, twisting their opinions, and assigning your own views on them to make them look uninformaed and belittle their desicions. Joke or not, you started this for doing the exact thing you claim I did but cant show one example of me doing.

James "whatever". I know what you have so recently said and done -- you do, too. Look at the things you said on the Debt Ceiling thread if you have forgotten already. And again, you know the posts of yours that were deleted on another thread and all that you said there.

As I was prepping for a client appointment that is to take place momentarily, I thought how happy I am that I'm not saying anything on LB that could effect my livelihood or professional reputation. I have no reason to suspect any measurable number of my clients are or ever will be miniature horse enthusiasts... even if they were flaming left wing liberals.

EDIT to add your quote, andi-James, the names and the presumption of my own motives:

... Either you are simply racist, or just were trying to twist the truth to make liberals appear like terrorist sympathizers. I personally think it is the second, I assumed calling you a bigot would motivate you to accept the lesser evil. ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Love this! This is the best analogy I have heard in a while about how the school system now "rewards" and "punishes" the teachers and schools. Im not a teacher, but alot of my family is. Gonna have to share this with them.
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks, Julie! I'm glad you enjoyed it, please share it with your family. Sometimes it helps to create an analogy to something unrelated to education to help people understand some of the difficulties teachers face!

Barbara

[And, Tag, I hope the irony and hypocrisy doesn't make you die of either laughter or boredom. I was born with an instict to stick up for myself when I should and to fight fire with fire.
No one has ever suggested that you shouldn't and yet when someone disagrees with you or quietly points out even the teeniest bit of hypocrisy on your part (and we all are guilty of that at times), you always come back with something like that ^ - even when no one was on the "attack". What - you think no one else has that "instinct"??
default_wink.png
We all do - and yet you seem to see it as a fault in others.

JMO - but a bit less hypocrisy (AKA pot-kettle-blacking) would serve you well. And that is not an "attack" or an "insult" - just a quiet suggestion.

And note that I was not bothered in any way by the OP (and said so much earlier in this thread) - it was just another of the mildly amusing political emails that goes around...
default_yes.gif

I can't say I am surprised by your reply to my request for actual quotes. I didnt think that would be an easy task.

I can't agree more about it being good that your clients most likely aren't reading what you are posting. You should be very relieved Jill. I on the other hand am so glad that some of my prospective pool of clients have read what I have to say and know my opinions on right and wrong. If I had any doubt, it was cleared by all the LB members and readers who came up and personally thanked me this last weekend at the Central Championships.

I will assume the best of you Jill and conclude that Flaming was being used in reference to those who spark fights on forums, and not take it as homophobic gay slander that is often used to classify gay liberals, and that your choice of words was just a coincidence . . .

I now see you have edited you reply Jill, I thought it was tough to argue with some one who refuses to stand behind what they say, but to then have them add to or change what they orgininally said, near impossible.

Its been recomended I print your posts before you change them. I wonder if there are any government funded Ink Cartridge Replacement programs I can qualify for, this might get costly . . .

James, the editing of my post was done by me before I saw you'd replied. I'd say it was also done before you replied, but to be honest, I hadn't hit reload so do not know which came first. My message and meaning didn't change, it only was added to to include a quote from you, which was exceptionally easy to locate. But, by all means. Print my posts. Frame them. Use them to line a bird cage. Why on earth would I care?

As a professional miniature horse trainer, you have a limited pool of potential clients and there are many well known professional trainers who consistently earn top honors. All competing for the same pool of people. Couldn't care less how you take this insight but know that many people have asked me what's wrong with you since this started. If someone asked me a couple of weeks ago what I thought of you, I would have had nothing to say that was not nice. Now that you have been a complete jerk to me on a personal level, of course my opinion has changed. My clients, and potential clients, are not concerned about a mini horse message board. Yours? *shrug*

Jill you sure have said alot of awful things followed with, dont care how you take this. Maybe a lack of Empathy really is what is missing here.

You can take whatever stand you would like to against me Jill. I got passionate on these threads because I felt people were being victimized and riduculed for what they beleive in. You got offended because I didnt take it all as a joke and was being oversensitive. At the end of the day Jill, I do not mind losing clients who base their trainer selection on the fact that I am just too sensitive or easily offended. YOU have taken this to a much newer darker place threatening my Career . . .

...At the end of the day Jill, I do not mind losing clients who base their trainer selection on the fact that I am just too sensitive or easily offended. YOU have taken this to a much newer darker place threatening my Career . . .

Threatened your career? Hardly. Pointed out who our audience is? Yes...

As a professional miniature horse trainer, you have a limited pool of potential clients and there are many well known professional trainers who consistently earn top honors. All competing for the same pool of people. Couldn't care less how you take this insight but know that many people have asked me what's wrong with you since this started. If someone asked me a couple of weeks ago what I thought of you, I would have had nothing to say that was not nice. Now that you have been a complete jerk to me on a personal level, of course my opinion has changed. My clients, and potential clients, are not concerned about a mini horse message board. Yours? *shrug*
Jill, that was low and uncalled for !!!!!!!!!!
default_new_argue.gif

James I have a pretty strong feeling that you do not need to worry about these posts affecting your career
default_biggrin.png

To take this stuff to this level of saying someones career could be ruined for standing up for what he believes in? This thread has now hit an all time low.

I seriously didn't think it could sink lower but it did.

As for the views etc. If you look at the main forum there are many threads with much higher views and more importantly replies. Although this thread has a ton of views, the replies are not many. Mostly it is the same people viewing it and refreshing it. As for the "likes" who knows what they mean. Could be they "like" what Jill said or they like what James said. Could be they just "like" drama. LOL.

Its like looking at a car wreck when you know you shouldn't.

It is sad that political threads always lead to name calling etc. Anyone who disagrees or offers other thoughts other than the original poster is said to be "uniformed" or "doesnt care" etc etc. That is so much easier than having to actually think about what is being said and have a thought provoking post.

Hubby and I were just discussing that we have never in all our years seen such a divide. It's everywhere for sure not just these forum threads. And it will be our downfall. This need to be right at all costs on all sides will be our undoing.

Jill you said that I have a limited pool of clients. The next sentence was that many horse people, I make the assumption horse people because they are reading this forum, have asked you for your opinion on me, and you have let me know that now it will not be positive and then to make your meaning even more clear, say that my clients WILL care about what is said on here.

HOW ELSE AM I GOING TO TAKE THAT!

This game of you going 9O% of the way there and me being the bad guy for assuming the other 1O%, crud, 1% is rediculous.

andi-James:

1. I'm pointing out miniature horse people are pretty much the only people who read this message board. It's pretty darn popular, FYI. What I mean is I don't think YOU are making a very good impression of yourself and it's your business audience -- not mine.

2. You mentioned that people coming up to you at a show to remark favorably about your posts to me. I follow up by letting you know that people are also talking to me about this "situation" and asking me what's wrong with you.

Neither of these two things are a threat. These are just a couple of facts.

I'm not interested in any more personal back and forth between us. I already know what you've told me you think of me. I am real firm about what I now think of you. This thread wasn't started to single out anyone, but you chose to do so and either here or on one of the others, "warned" me that you will dog each of the political threads in this way. Go on. I will continue to express my opinions every place I choose -- but I really hope I won't let myself waste any more time trying to address or defend your name calling and word twisting.

default_saludando.gif

Hubby and I were just discussing that we have never in all our years seen such a divide. It's everywhere for sure not just these forum threads. And it will be our downfall. This need to be right at all costs on all sides will be our undoing.
kaykay - I was asked by relatives in Canada what the difference was between political affairs here in the US and there. Sadly, the answer was easy and obvious... anger, hostility and venom. People spar and argue about issues in Canada - French vs. English, East vs. West - but it never gets to the level of anger I see here - not just on this forum but everywhere. The radio. The street corner. Having been through 2 Presidential elections here, I have been amazed at the vitriol that is unleashed. The hypocrisy all around. The name-calling. The viral emails that went around during the 2008 campaign were at times very disturbing - and what made that worse was that people rushed to embrace them as The Truth. No matter how bizarre and impossible the alleged conspiracy or incident was. The big picture is rarely examined - instead there seems to be be a kind of partisan, fingerpointing tunnel vision.

Too many assume that everything is black and white (or Red and Blue if you prefer), Right or Left when things are mostly grey and in the center unless one is an extremist at either end. And very few of us reach those extremes.

Passion is laudable. But when it escalates to venom, it sours.

There needs to be more than two "sides". More than two or three "parties". How on earth can a country of 312 million people be narrowed down into such limited points of view? IMO it can't be - hence the anger.

kaykay - threads have sunk much, much lower than this.
default_wink.png
This one is mild compared to what went down in 2008 - that resulted in such threads being banned for awhile...
default_unsure.png

BTW, Jill & James - it is a very weak argument to say things like... (only quoting Jill as she mentioned both versions at once)

You mentioned that people coming up to you at a show to remark favorably about your posts to me. I follow up by letting you know that people are also talking to me about this "situation" and asking me what's wrong with you.
...from both "sides" of a discussion... why on earth resort to comments like that? That just comes across as a neener neener kind of thing. State your own opinion and concerns without bringing in alleged phantom "support" as a way to attempt to validate what you are saying and continuing to sneer at the other person.
default_no.gif

You sound like two kids during recess at school - everyone told me that they like me and you suck!!! So there!! Oh yeah, well everyone told me that they really like me and think that you are a big old meanie... and you suck even more!!!

default_wacko.png

edited for clarity

I can't argue that tag, immature at best, and I had just said to someone that was one thing I would not be temted into doing, anyways won't ruin the apology with excuses . . .

kaykay - threads have sunk much, much lower than this.
default_wink.png
This one is mild compared to what went down in 2008 - that resulted in such threads being banned for awhile...
default_unsure.png
Oh I agree and remember! But I was just talking about this thread. But it is easy to see that all of these political threads are headed in the exact same direction as 2008

There needs to be more than two "sides". More than two or three "parties". How on earth can a country of 312 million people be narrowed down into such limited points of view? IMO it can't be - hence the anger.
default_aktion033.gif

To take this stuff to this level of saying someones career could be ruined for standing up for what he believes in? This thread has now hit an all time low.

I seriously didn't think it could sink lower but it did.
It's attacks like this that are stopping the majority of folks from wanting to join in these threads.

James your apology says a lot about your character
default_aktion033.gif

Are those of you so ready to throw rocks and cheer for more (though you claim otherwise) under the impression that the things said here don't have the potential to harm reputations within our tight and small community of miniature horse enthusiasts? And does pointing out what is a reality mean someone has made a threat?
default_rolleyes.gif
Oh man, I'm soooo happy my professional success does not revolve around this little, tiny bit of the real world
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back