Top 12 Reasons People Voted Democrat in 2008

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are those of you so ready to throw rocks and cheer for more (though you claim otherwise)...
Jill - what does that even mean? The only rock throwing came from you and James.
default_unsure.png

under the impression that the things said here don't have the potential to harm reputations within our tight and small community of miniature horse enthusiasts?
The horse world is never small - no matter what the breed or discipline, ripples can go out in all directions. This forum gets very little traffic compared to major horse forums like COTH etc. - but many people go from one forum to another.

But what you say on this forum - or anywhere on the internet - and how you conduct yourself can affect how others feel about you and view you - no matter what your business. Google can pull up things you have said from anywhere and everywhere. Anything you say on the internet is there forever in some way. Even if you edit or delete it, there is a cache of it somewhere. Every bit of venom. Every sneer. Every insult.

Does that have the potential to affect you in Real Life? I know that decisions have been made based on how people have seen others conduct themselves on such forums - and not just horse forums. One trainer on another large horse message board has alienated so many with the way he has carried on - usually in a condescending, sneering manner - that his business has been affected. And not just his horse business.
default_no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
We've got a chorus of people throwing rocks yet saying they don't like the thread.

Can LB discussions hurt my career as a money manager ? ... Nope.

Hubby and I were just discussing that we have never in all our years seen such a divide. It's everywhere for sure not just these forum threads. And it will be our downfall. This need to be right at all costs on all sides will be our undoing.
I completely agree. Both sides need to learn to work together and each give a little.

You guys do need to remember the Dixie Chicks. One band member said the wrong thing at the wrong time about the President and their careers went down the toilet so fast they didn't know what hit them. It wasn't even the whole band that said it. Yes Jobs can and are affected by what we say and write.

I've heard that before... just before reputations were ruined. You may be unpleasantly surprised when you least expect it.
16 years owning my corporation and meeting a payroll. An attractive number of "," in the money I manage for others. Clients who consistently refer new clients. An overwhelmingly republican clientel.... While some miniature horse people may not want to buy (or even sell) to me because I am so passionately republican, I am without fear of any professional ramifications of speaking my mind on LB. NOT like I've said anything recently that I haven't said for many years... And I swear, I will not ever panhandle members here to help pay for any of my own horses' needs.

16 years owning my corporation and meeting a payroll. An attractive number of "," in the money I manage for others. Clients who consistently refer new clients. An overwhelmingly republican clientel.... While some miniature horse people may not want to buy (or even sell) to me because I am so passionately republican, I am without fear of any professional ramifications of speaking my mind on LB. NOT like I've said anything recently that I haven't said for many years... And I swear, I will not ever panhandle members here to help pay for any of my own horses' needs.

First off...you work for your Dad so get off your bandwagon

Secondly, there's nothing wrong with being overwhelmingly anything but it crosses the line when it sinks into the attacks and hypocracy that you seem to focus on. There are a lot of us who are passionate about all kind of subjects but most people don't have the need to attack - we're happy having discussions and an exchange of ideas.

We've got a chorus of people throwing rocks yet saying they don't like the thread.

Can LB discussions hurt my career as a money manager ? ... Nope.
I'm not sure what you mean by this Jill. Reads to me like you think it's okay to come here are with venom and jeers towards anyone with a different opinion than yours because none of your clients come here - and that business anonymity makes it okay to behave the way you do!! I'm sorry that you feel that way because there's a lot of really nice folks here who aren't comfortable joining in because of the tone these threads end up taking.

Are those of you so ready to throw rocks and cheer for more (though you claim otherwise) under the impression that the things said here don't have the potential to harm reputations within our tight and small community of miniature horse enthusiasts? And does pointing out what is a reality mean someone has made a threat?
default_rolleyes.gif
Oh man, I'm soooo happy my professional success does not revolve around this little, tiny bit of the real world
default_biggrin.png

I don't think anyone has their head that far under the sand Jill. Yes, the behavior seen on these and other similar threads has tarnished reputations.
default_no.gif

Oh man, I'm soooo happy my professional success does not revolve around this little, tiny bit of the real world I'm sure you are happy about that. I would be too if I were you because if I had a "professional" handling my finances who behaved the way you behave I'd be moving my account elsewhere pretty fast.

There's no one here who agrees with everything everyone else says but most people have the maturity and empathy towards others to just not respond or to respond in a counter but polite manner without the jeering, nasty personal attacks.

One band member said the wrong thing at the wrong time about the President and their careers went down the toilet so fast they didn't know what hit them.
Dixie Chicks' career did not tank - they came back from that Foot In Mouth issue very well and went on to more success. One could just say they were passionate about what they believed in. Which is what is often said in these threads and deemed appropriate - so then it should apply to them as well...
default_wink.png

And I swear, I will not ever panhandle members here to help pay for any of my own horses' needs.
What does that have to do with this thread??
default_unsure.png

16 years owning my corporation and meeting a payroll. An attractive number of "," in the money I manage for others.
Jill its no secret that "your" company was started by your dad. Nothing wrong with that. I also grew up in a family business and worked there many years. And was thankful to be so blessed. Especially when I saw friends and neighbors struggling so hard (recession of the 80's)

Have you ever wondered what would have happened if you had instead been born to a low income single mother? After all we dont get to pick out parents. You and I were very lucky indeed.

And I swear, I will not ever panhandle members here to help pay for any of my own horses' needs.
Little doubt as to who that is directed at, but I decline to play.

This is how you seem to operate. Make implications, veiled threats, snide remarks, insults and then act innocent.

Oh well same stuff different year, day........

I have to go now. I have some very important horses that need immediate attention aka stall cleaning. Id rather shovel real manure than post again in this manure riddled thread.

Oh wait Ill add a cute emoticon because that makes it okay
default_biggrin.png

First off...you work for your Dad so get off your bandwagon
Haha!!! Want to check my corporation's records? I've been the president (and the boss) for many years now. It's my practice
default_laugh.png
AND, it's thriving.

Jill its no secret that "your" company was started by your dad. Nothing wrong with that.
Darn skippy, Kay. You may think my long time career is no secret. I remember you as a part time tax preparer, a one time real estate agent and self published author... is that REALLY where you want to go with me?

And yet another thread that actually had some good discussions going deteriorates into personal attacks and sneering...
default_no.gif

I've been a breeding manager, a gas pumper, unemployed, professional student, and now nurse. Guess I'm just a looser :p Not everyone is so successful.

ETA: I'm also the most highly educated person in my family with two BS's and a MS. Didn't help me at all :p Can't create jobs out of nothing!

I've been a breeding manager, a gas pumper, unemployed, professional student, and now nurse. Guess I'm just a looser :p Not everyone is so successful.
Good tangent, Nathan - I have been a graphic artist, illustrator, riding instructor, farm manager, show groom ... nothing that would entitle me to multiple commas... not at all!
default_wacko.png

Medical bills affect what commas I have - but no matter. Life always has peaks and valleys and things always improve in time!
default_yes.gif

And the vet has FINALLY arrived - time to go U/S some mares!!

Good tangent, Nathan - I have been a graphic artist, illustrator, riding instructor, farm manager, show groom... nothing that would entitle me to multiple commas... not at all!
default_wacko.png

Medical bills affect what commas I have - but no matter. Life always has peaks and valleys and things always improve in time!
default_yes.gif

And the vet has FINALLY arrived - time to go U/S some mares!!

I didn't even make ONE comma last year! Economy stinks.
default_smile.png
Hopefully better this year!

I have nothing political to add here. I read this whole thing - due to a serious knee injury I can not fill my time with 3 hours at the gym so figured I would pass some time catching up on some of these threads..all I can say is this thread is NOT good for a diet I have this urge to eat chocolate now
default_yes.gif
or maybe better yet some popcorn.. wait chocolate drizzled popcorn yes that would be perfect... Ok carry on sorry for this non commerical interruption

default_laugh.png
default_aktion033.gif

Lisa, I was informed that today was National S'mores day, so how about that instead. Hope your feel better soon.

Oh I had lime and coconut frozen yogurt last night loaded with mochi...YUM YUM YUM
default_biggrin.png

Actually, if you understood what I was referring to you, you would understand I was exactly addressing what those who think they know best feel the "Free Market" in education should look like. Good results are rewarded (merit pay), bad results are not (teachers are fired). The problem is, my results do not merely hinge on me doing my very best, they also hinge on me and teachers like me, convincing 25, 36 or over 100 children that learning is worthwhile, they need to work hard and they need to do their very best. I can work my hardest, try everything I know and then some, but at the end of the day, I cannot make them want to learn, want to succeed.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

THIS is so common sense and this is what drives me batty about those preaching merit pay/free market education for teachers! I run a business and if I have an employee who isn't doing their job I'll fire them without blinking an eye. You can't do that in a school! You can't take the kids in the class who don't want to be there, don't want to learn, want to disrupt etc and kick them out. It's not going to happen. Like you said...it doesn't matter how good you are at your job - your hands are tied by the kids not wanting to learn. The free market/merit pay argument is so backwards because it can't work. What if I had an employee who was preventing me from doing my job and I couldn't do anything about it - should my pay suffer because of that? No way! Not if there was nothing that I could do about it. Free market/merit pay would only work in the public school system when teachers can fire everyone in their class not wanting to be there and learn and we all know that's not going to happen because of the millions of kids who'd have no education. Now I want to say - I'm not a teacher, don't have a relative who is a teacher, don't even have close friends (other than good relationships with my kids teachers) who are teachers, I just know what's fair and what's not. And excuse me but if we don't have an educated tomorrow then we, as a nation, have NOTHING.

And while we're bashing the public employees - which seems to be a favorite of the far right wingers - on 9/11...just WHO was running IN while everyone else was running out?

Latest posts

Back