Today was sad

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genie

Reaction score
My friend found me a driving horse and he was wonderful....just what I was looking for.

I went to see him and thought if all was well, we would bring him home.

When we arrived the lady said "everything is for sale as I can't do another winter,my health is not up to it"

On the way to look at the driving horse I said to my husband "here is a small mare and small is what we like in our barn"...I said to my husband, "we don't need more horses but I will offer her her @#$@$ and if she wants her to come home with us that will be fine.

If not , then that's okay too.

I am older as well, so I could really relate to the lady.

Long story short.....we offered her an amount and both the driving horse and the little mare are now here.

Pictures of Tinkerbelle now added!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lady was crying putting the halter on the little mare and saying her good byes.. It was so sad and I will look after the little girl as long as I can....unfortunately I am likely only about 5 or 6 years behind her.

The lady was sobbing saying her good byes. ...... and the little mare was raising her nose to give her a kiss........I feel so bad..... but I just wanted to tell my forum friends because only you would understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lady was probably crying for two reasons. One was because she was saying goodbye to a dear friend and the other because she could see that her dear friend will be well cared for. Bless you for giving the little girl a good home.

Well that just sucks. Life sometimes just isnt cool at all.

The lady was probably crying for two reasons. One was because she was saying goodbye to a dear friend and the other because she could see that her dear friend will be well cared for. Bless you for giving the little girl a good home.
Thank you for sayng that. I feel so bad about it but hope that we are the best home for the little lady.

We will really try to make sure she is special. . . . .but all our horses are special and I am already worried about what we do in 5 or 6 years when we are in the "same boat"

That must have been a bittersweet moment for her, knowing her horses were getting a great home but at the same time feeling their loss
default_sad.png
Something we all will have to face someday.... Congratulations on your new additions, now we need some pics!

That must have been a bittersweet moment for her, knowing her horses were getting a great home but at the same time feeling their loss
default_sad.png
Something we all will have to face someday.... Congratulations on your new additions, now we need some pics!
it will be a few days before pictures.
They both are pinto, black and white....but they look ilke buffaloes......remember we are in Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really appreciate the replies.......I can not believe how sad I am for the poor lady who is saying good bye to her babies.

God bless her......She truly loved her horses and was placing their needs above her own........

I can relate to this lady!!!! I have only entertained the idea of selling a few of mine. I cry just THINKING about it. So therefore, mine will just become barn brats. That is the major reason I don't breed, I know I would never sell any!!!! These horses have a way of grabbing on to your heart, and not letting go.

I would send her some pics, so she can see how well they are doing. I bet that would make her still feel connected to them, and also reinforce that she made a good decision on selling them.

This is plain old hard. I let two of my ponies go, but they went to 'The Simple Life Farm', Kelly, the post above mine. It was hard to see my Midge Midge go into the trailer. But I know Kelly and her husband have grown to love them and I hear from Kelly about them, so its a good deal.

And yes I cried, they were 'my ponies'.

But I can share.

Thank you for sharing your Midge with me Trace.

I am searching for a "new class" to enter her in..... The Worlds Most Spoiled Pony!!!!! I love that girl, she is just perfect, my hearts desire!!!! I have really become attached to her, she has so much love to offer.

I felt the very same way that Genie did when we loaded those girls on the trailer. Sorta like we were causing someone to have a broken heart.

But the bright side is, thank goodness people DO sell their horses, or I would not have 9 of them to share my life with!!!

I understand how you feel, Genie. I've been in your position and that dear lady's, and it's very bittersweet for both sides. Bless your heart, and hers.

I'm not sure I've ever sold a horse without some tears. She must have really been impressed with you and your husband to have entrusted you with two of her horses. I'm sure positive updates would make it easier for her to feel good about her decision. Congratulations on your new additions!

Congratulations on your two new additions. I know it was bittersweet for her to sell them but I'm sure she's happy they're going to a good home. She would probably love to hear from you occasionally about how they're doing. I know I love it when I hear from people that I've sold horses to!

Looking out my window here at Bailey and Willow. My heart would be ripped out if I ever had to part with my babies. I can't even 'go there'.
default_no.gif

Your new horses have a loving, wonderful home with you.

Such a bitter/sweet time.

xox Leonie xox

I can really relate to how you're feeling, but I also know the horses' former owner feels grateful that her babies are in good hands and well cared for, and that her load has been lightened.

When I got my second riding horse, I remember I'd been so excited like 10x a kid on Christmas waiting for his old owner to deliver him that weekend. When she did, she was hugging him goodbye and sobbing. I'll never forget how bad I felt seeing her and how much she would miss him. It's been over 10 years and he's still with me, and she and I keep in touch to this day as well.

This is one of the reasons I like visiting nursing homes with my Minis! There are so many people there that have had lives with animals they miss terribly and my little horses have brought tears of joy to them remembering while they stroke and pat my guys. You could perhaps offer to let her come and visit when she has a chance, and the weather is better, if she lives close enough and her health allows.

This is the horse that I went to buy, Frankie's H.W.Reno, 31 inches and trained to drive.

I will be taking some pictures of Tinkerbelle for the transfer papers and will post them later.

The lady said that she hoped she could visit someday and I said that she was most welcome to come and she could also stay for a couple of days as we are set up for visitors so they can have their own place.

I really hope she can make it sometime. . . .we are about 2 hours from her.

http://pic60.picturetrail.com/VOL1742/1205...2/354248414.jpg

Congratulations on your two new additions and God Bless you for helping out someone who most definitely loves her horses and allowing her to come and visit...you are a very caring person!
default_yes.gif
Nice looking guy too
default_new_shocked.gif
can't wait for pics of the little lady!
default_saludando.gif

Shelly

It's a good thing I have limited space or I would be bringing home ALOT more minis here
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back