To tie or not to tie

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poodlepill

Reaction score
That is my question for hauling. Do you tie your mini's in the trailer or leave them free. I have a stock trailer and I have been hauling my mini (when bought them) in the front part of the trailer using the divider. I bought 2 mini's from 2 different people and both of them asked me if I wanted them tied or left in the trailer. But if I take both of them together should I still trailer them in the front part or separate or ??

So I am wondering what most folks do for transporting them.

Thanks

That is my question for hauling. Do you tie your mini's in the trailer or leave them free. I have a stock trailer and I have been hauling my mini (when bought them) in the front part of the trailer using the divider. I bought 2 mini's from 2 different people and both of them asked me if I wanted them tied or left in the trailer. But if I take both of them together should I still trailer them in the front part or separate or ??

So I am wondering what most folks do for transporting them.

Thanks

Replying to my own message. I didn't realize I posted in the driving forum where I was lurking.......sorry.

If the trailer has dividers that the horse can brace itself on, I tie. If the trailer is big and open, I don't tie. In the event of a sudden stop, if a horse falls and it is tied it could be a big problem.

In my opinion it's best to have dividers and tie. In the event of an emergency/accident, having horses loose with a door flying open could be terrible.

Always tie with panic snaps or a quick-release knot.

When stopping for a while to fuel, sometimes I untie so the horses can lower their heads and such if possible. It's important to not tie heads too high so they can clear their airways.

Andrea

I have dividers and tie, but also carry my cart in the trailer with the mini, If we are just going w/out the cart usually don't tie and all dividers are strapped to the wall. I also only have one mini at this time.

Latest posts

Back